Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2009, 07:43 AM   #31 (permalink)
Cause I'm an 80's Baby!!

Festiva hauler - '02 Chevorlet S-10
90 day: 27.98 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler01 View Post
Take them off and get a wink mirror.

That's what i had in mind for my s-10. I love wink mirriors, but there so hard to find nowadays other than the internet.

I use my mirriors alot to look for cops, debris falling from the back of my truck, tailgaters to brake check. I'll miss those mirriors!

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-27-2009, 11:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModder

Big Salsa - '04 Toyota Sienna LE

Silver - '10 Toyota Prius III
Do the AeroSpikes help?

I am soo slow at getting things done on the car... mainly because I am trying to get my house finished... My coroplast aerospike is still in place, and it looks just like the cardboard one that I had made, only it's white plastic instead, and the other mirror still isn't done, so I still get to see the differences! Today it was raining pretty good, and at 60 mph it was obvious that the spike was doing it's job. I tried to get pictures, but my cell phone doesn't do such a great job.
Picture 1: UnModded Mirror

You can see that there is a good amount of water coming over the mirror. What you can't see well is the shape (a great teardrop if I ever saw one) and the speed of the water flowing (really slow). The peak of the teardrop is probably 3 inches over the height of the mirror's connection point to the car.

Picture 2: Modded Mirror

It looks kind of bad, but the stream up high is coming off the windshield after the wipers actuated, and it's moving fast. If we don't count that, we don't see any real stream on the window, which in my opinion is a good thing. Instead of the stream being propelled upward like on the other side, water droplets are flowing over horizontally (which would be obvious if you had a video of the droplets), and the bits of water fill in the back side.