Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)
Left Lane Ecodriver

Prius C - '12 Toyota Prius C
Saand,

There are numerous errors remaining in Theoretical Weight Energy, starting with the title, and continuing with the first sentence: "Weight reduction effect on fuel usage can be calculated using the following methods and equations."

I wrote the "Gravitational and Kinetic Energy Equations" article as a replacement. If there is more, accurate information that you'd like me to add, let me know. Perhaps a portion on converting chemical potential energy to work? Any such attempt needs to reference the BSFC wiki.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Wiki Writer

bugler - '91 Mazda 626
90 day: 35.89 mpg (US)
RobertSmalls,
i have modified the title, and the first sentence to correct what i think you have an issue with.

if you want to write a direct replacement so the existing one is removed you will need to write an article that will show a method of calculating the amount of wasted fuel from the waste of kinetic energy due to braking from one speed down to another.

alternatively you can look over the current one you have issues with and rewrite, that is the purpose of the wiki so anyone can correct errors or make things clearer for other readers.

The reason i haven't just taken down the existing wiki page i wrote is because it was written to show users that are not very mathematically inclined what effect weight will have on their fuel efficiency. The articles you wrote are great, however dont give a path from accounting of the loss of energy to fuel use, most users (i think) are not going to care what the energy is that they are wasting rather they will care what fuel relates to that waste.

in the original wiki page there are large assumptions of the efficiency of converting chemical to mechanical energy and i would be very happy for a more accurate method of calculating this conversion. I got these assumptions directly from the ecomodder online steady state efficiency calculator.

I am also open to democracy, if everyone thinks im crazy and my original wiki page is inaccurate and not worth keeping up and the new clearer articles are a good replacement then im happy to take the original one down. I have gotten what i want out of the calculations, its up there for other people.

Reply  Post New Thread