Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2015, 10:51 AM   #31 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)

In other news, I finally got some replacement velcro. I'll be setting up the Scangauge again.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-31-2015, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Suki - '11 Suzuki SX4
Team Suzuki
90 day: 26.26 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhigh View Post
Bear in mind that my perception is far from universal in its appeal. I like Chevettes.
Me too, and i'm a teen!
Old 05-31-2015, 05:22 PM   #33 (permalink)
The PRC.

+1

Old 06-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Second fill-up in the log. I did a bit more city driving this time, and filled up a bit early.

I've been noticing a definite hesitation every once in a while when starting out from a stop. Doesn't happen often, but when it does it'll last 1-2 seconds. Yesterday I threw some fuel system cleaner into the tank. I also replaced the air filter, which the morons at the dealership couldn't be bothered to replace (it was absolutely filthy). I'm thinking I'll clean the MAF and throttle body too.

Also, is it me or do the Fram air filters for these things barely fit?
Old 06-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #35 (permalink)
Rat Racer

Al the Third, year four - '13 Honda Fit Base
Team Honda
90 day: 42.9 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,922 Times in 1,246 Posts
Doing tire math when calculating every tank is annoying, but actually less time consuming than everything else we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdog44 View Post
Transmission type Efficiency
Manual neutral engine off.100% @MPG <----- Fun Fact.
Manual 1:1 gear ratio .......98%
CVT belt ............................88%
Automatic .........................86%

Old 06-19-2015, 10:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
Drove Kt's Cobalt this week, 37.4 mpg over about 600 miles. Some AC use set the cruise @ 55, N coasting when useful.

% over EPA it did better than my XFE.

Just remembered I have slightly oversize tires so it actually would have went farther than the car thinks so real MPG is even higher by a touch.

EDIT: Just did the math about 3% larger so 38.5 or so, I'll back to ignoring it except to remind her that the Speedo's off by 2 mph.
Nice!

Coby has been doing pretty nicely fuel economy wise. Found a truck doing 45 on the way home from work the other day and managed 43.5 mpg. I've managed to do over 40 mpg a few times now, definitely a great feeling.

On the not so wonderful side, the shift button broke the other day. I managed to find an HO scale telephone pole, cut off one of the little horizontal bars on it, and fit it onto the button to replace the piece that had broken off. Seems to be holding, and cost me nothing except that pole and some time to find my plastic cement.

I suppose that doesn't count as an eco-mod.

The driver's door bump strip is also slowly coming off. I may pull it off this weekend so it doesn't come off on the road. We'll see if I decide to reglue it and put it back or pull the rest off.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:00 PM   #37 (permalink)
The PRC.

You can buy those strips on Ebay for pennies and they come with new double sided tape glue applied. You may also find the tape itself. I would go for that instead of glue as the tape comes off with heat or decal remover if you decide to go "naked" later.
Old 06-20-2015, 11:51 PM   #38 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
You can buy those strips on Ebay for pennies and they come with new double sided tape glue applied. You may also find the tape itself. I would go for that instead of glue as the tape comes off with heat or decal remover if you decide to go "naked" later.
I'd have to paint it though, wouldn't I? I probably wouldn't actually glue it; one of the parts stores near me sells the roll of tape I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterk0031 View Post
I've left out KT's cobalts's issues, remembering it's a salvage title from a front end wreck. Last week when she was driving home in heavy rain (2" per hour) it went into limp mode, she made it home, heavy rain was about 20 mile away so I don't know how long that last 20 miles took. Main wiring harness conects to ECU left front corner, harness has crash damage, I black taped it a bunch, it drives great, in all ways better than my XFE, seats, steering, final drive gearing seems the same, & quieter.

I'd buy another, but not wrecked, hail/storm damaged like my XFE.
Ah, fun. I looked into a couple accident repair vehicles due to the prices. Seemed okay.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:36 AM   #39 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Car is in the shop. Decided to start leaking transmission fluid out of the axle seal. I still should be covered by the short little warranty I have. Hopefully they will actually cover it instead of screwing me. I have no faith in these extended warranties though.

I have a Hyundai Elantra as a rental car. This is a rather shockingly nice car, although it's hard as heck to see out of. I won't be tracking my mileage with it, as I only have it until tomorrow.
Old 07-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #40 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Okay I lied. I got 43 point something on my way to work, and 46.5 on the way home with the Elantra. Couldn't help myself.

I really dislike Hyundai transmissions though, especially in Eco mode. It can't seem to go five feet without shifting. A Kia Soul I had as a loaner once was the same way.

Anyway, to my surprise the warranty paid for the repairs and I get Coby back today.

Reply  Post New Thread