Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

the Mule - '99 Dodge Dakota
90 day: 14.54 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficeLinebacker View Post
I am a fan of "spirited driving" on highway cloverleafs. Only in remote areas in low traffic conditions. I actually use the cruise control and see just how fast I can safely take some of the tighter ones, so I guess even my quest for speed is tempered by economy. Plus, it boils it down to the simplest type of driving--just steer.
Careful with that, I use to love doing that, till one day I was riding with a friend that also drove that way after he got his tire changed and sure enough the idiot at the tire store didn't tighten the drivers side rear wheel down tight enough and we rolled that cutlass a couple times down the embankment (at about 65-70 I'd guess) after the tire fell off.

Luckily, we were both wearing seat belts and the embankment was covered with shrubs to lessen the impact. I got a couple stitches in my forehead and my friend broke his arm and a few more stitches than I did.

Haven't taken a clover leaf like that since. 15 years later and it's a fun story, but I'm still amazed that I didn't wet myself on that one.

If we can't be free, at least we can be cheap"--- Again F. Zappa

My guilty little pleasure
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread