EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   I'm soo sleepy everyday, HELP! (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/im-soo-sleepy-everyday-help-4902.html)

ankit 09-02-2008 06:15 PM

I'm soo sleepy everyday, HELP!

I'm assuming this is the right section because it said Off-topic. Sorry if it isn't.

Hey, so how much sleep do you guys get?

I get about 7.5-8 hours of sleep at night and am super tired during the day. It's so wierd because I know some of my friends stay up later than I do and don't have problems staying up during class. For the last 3 years I've had a class during the middle of the day that I could just sleep in without the teacher caring, but I don't have one of these classes this year and it gets really hard to stay up.

I don't know what to do. Should I change something in my diet? Does coffee really help? I need some help staying up, what do you guys do?

For the last 5 years, I've yawned constantly during classes and some teachers take it as an insult. But my sleepiness is just way out of hand now.

I started taking a nap last year after school for 15 minutes. Back then 15 minutes were enough, but now I usually nap for 30 minutes and it isn't really enough, I'm still sleepy when I wake up.

If you guys need some more info to answer my questions then just ask.

Thanks for your help!

bbjsw10 09-02-2008 06:23 PM

I would check with your doctor, could be underlying issues. It could be any number of things that a doctor would be best to answer/diagnose.

ankit 09-02-2008 06:26 PM

I was hoping it I didn't have to go that far. I keep forgetting to bring it up when I go to the doctor.

Frank Lee 09-02-2008 06:27 PM

Some people require more than 8 hours. If your body says sleep, then sleep.

ankit 09-02-2008 06:33 PM

So how much sleep do you guys get?

Frank Lee 09-02-2008 06:40 PM

I get more than 8. Sometimes lots more.

Maybe your classes are boring you and you haven't admitted it?

There could be a problem though. Sleep apnea will ruin the quality of whatever sleep you do get, making it seem like you didn't get enough.

SVOboy 09-02-2008 06:57 PM

I felt the same way for a bit last year when I was on a 1000 calorie diet...it might be a diet thing, best to check talk to a doctor.

Best of luck!

Mr. Cheap 09-02-2008 07:00 PM

I usually sleep for 7-8 hours depending on my schedule. Sometimes I get really sleepy in class if I'm bored.

Some things that I think help me through class:
Good breakfast and lunch
Excitement (In or outside of class)
Sleeping more
motivation (Wanting to go to class, vs going because I have to)

I don't drink coffee regularly because I don't want to be dependent on it. (Same for sodas and other caffeine )

ankit 09-02-2008 07:05 PM

K thanks guys I will consider all you have to say. On another forum that I posted this up on I got answers like "I get 5-6 hours of sleep and am well rested."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Cheap (Post 58208)
I usually sleep for 7-8 hours depending on my schedule. Sometimes I get really sleepy in class if I'm bored.

Some things that I think help me through class:
Good breakfast and lunch
Excitement (In or outside of class)
Sleeping more
motivation (Wanting to go to class, vs going because I have to)

I don't drink coffee regularly because I don't want to be dependent on it. (Same for sodas and other caffeine )

I stopped having pop tarts and eat a banana for breakfast. I drink coffee everynow and again. I guess I will think about hypermiling during class to stay awake. :D Just kidding, amazingly I kept up with Physics even though I was dozing in and out of sleep all class long. Teacher was nice enough to pretend to not see me sleeping.

Red 09-02-2008 07:41 PM

I get anywhere from 7-9 hours of sleep. The key to a good day is some food in the morning, not just a token piece to eat but a semi meal. I've found that the 350cal nutritional drinks you can get from wally world make a good start in the morning plus a little something else. You might also want to check to see if you have any kind of low level allergies which could be sapping your energy. I've got a mild allergy to grasses and dust which is enough to keep my immune system up 24/7 and it can be pretty draining on a bad day. Doc gave me some meds, I feel way better.