Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Blue Meanie - '02 Volkswagon Golf TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 48.52 mpg (US)

Wife's car - '05 WV Passat TDI

Rudy - '94 Chevy C2500
Importing Fuel Logs

I know that we can export the fuel log but is there any way to import one?

Attached is a csv file with a .txt extension that includes the table

From Fuelly for the contents of the file.
"All dates are in Pacific Time, and the format is plain text csv. The first line contains column names and text is in quotes. The columns included are car name, model, mpg, odometer, miles/km, gallons/litres, price, fuelup date, date added, tags, notes, missed_fuelup, and partial_fuelup."

I would like to use the garage but its not worth my time to enter 58 fillups in the garage.

Attached Files
File Type: txt fuelups.csv.txt (6.6 KB, 53 views)

"It's not rocket surgery!" -MetroMPG
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-26-2010, 02:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
Currently there is no way to import from a CSV. Part of the problem is that any method would have to be specific to the CSV, or the CSV itself would have to be reformatted, which defeats the purpose to some degree.

I will investigate to see if there is an easier way to do it, but it would probably be easiest to just start using it now unless having your past fillups registered is really critical.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Golf - '04 Volkswagen Golf TDI GLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVOboy View Post
Part of the problem is that any method would have to be specific to the CSV, or the CSV itself would have to be reformatted, which defeats the purpose to some degree.
Only for the computer-illiterate. If you have a .CSV file, open it in Excel, (or Google Docs, or OpenOffice,) copy the contents of your existing fuel log, create a new worksheet, and paste the contents there (actually, Paste Special>Values). If the spreadsheet (or .CSV) has to be in a particular format, that is pretty do-able for most folks. Delete the columns that aren't required and put them in the correct order. Save it as a .CSV and viola! Ready to upload.

I have an Excel spreadsheet I've been using to log my fuel economy for the last 4+ years, and would like to upload it so I have more than one entry in my fuel log. Entering the same info into my own log/spreadsheet and again here is mindless.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dartmouth 2010

Vegan Powa! - '91 Honda CRX DX
Team Honda
90 day: 66.52 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to SVOboy Send a message via MSN to SVOboy Send a message via Yahoo to SVOboy
I'll ask Darin if he wasn't to program this feature and the necessary security stuff to prevent people from inserting nasty things in their CSV files, otherwise I wouldn't expect much in the next while as I am moving tomorrow and won't be able to get to it.

Reply  Post New Thread