Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
wrx4me...

no worries - '91 Subaru legacy L
90 day: 31.45 mpg (US)

weevee - '08 suzuki vstrom dl650
90 day: 61.22 mpg (US)

wrx - '09 Subaru wrx sedan
90 day: 29.8 mpg (US)

Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - '09 kawasaki ninja 250 se

Connie - '09 kawasaki concours
Improved my local mileage by buying a 2009 Ninja 250

I had been wanting a sportbike for some time and while I like riding the vstrom, it is a big bike by just about any standards and well suited for two up traveling. I have decided that it needs to get a break from the day to day riding except when I need to carry stuff. The Ninja did not do well on gas on my first tank, only 52 mpg. So I pumped up the tires and changed the gearing and am up to 67 mpg now. Way better than I ever did on the vstrom and for a lot less work. I am hoping that I can improve the mileage even more. It surely makes a great around town and short road trip bike when I am traveling light. When I have the SO with me on the Vstrom mileage is typically mid 50s, occasionally into the upper 50s if ridden carefully. So far on the ninja the only real change is the gearing change and fine tuning my riding habits. I went from a 14 tooth to a 15 tooth countershaft sprocket and like very much the change in the bike's character. A little more relaxed at highway speeds now. What is the tallest gearing you guys have found that still allows normal highway use? Just wondering how far I can go. Thanks for your help in advance.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread