Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

guage to fit a micra

Hi all I just joined the forum I'm from the UK can you tell me if there are any gauges that will fit a nissan micra '99' 1.0L

thank you

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-13-2011, 12:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
The PRC.

Hi and welcome.

A quick bit of google suggests a 99-on K11 should have OBDII which means you can fit a Scangauge or similar. These read various values from the engine ECU including fault codes.

You will need to see if you can find the OBDII connector which will be somewhere near the steering column usually underneath the dash somewhere. I haven't found anything that says exactly where - your manual might tell you though.

Otherwise you have the traditional gauges that help such as a vacuum and a rev counter which can be got fairly cheaply online.

Cheers

A.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arragonis View Post
Hi and welcome.

A quick bit of a 99-on K11 should have OBDII which means you can fit a Scangauge or similar. These read various values from the engine ECU including fault codes.

You will need to see if you can find the OBDII connector which will be somewhere near the steering column usually underneath the dash somewhere. I haven't found anything that says exactly where - your manual might tell you though.

Otherwise you have the traditional gauges that help such as a vacuum and a rev counter which can be got fairly cheaply online.

Cheers

A.
Thanks for the reply I have since discoverd that my car has the OBD1 connector are there any gauges for this that will show MPG and rev counter
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
The PRC.

You may find the MPGuino will work, I haven't used it though. Wiki page with links on where to get assembled ones is here.

Good luck.