Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

2005 Dakota - '05 Dodge Dakota SLT
90 day: 15.26 mpg (US)
Intakes on trucks...

I currently have a "CAI"
Don't have the stock box or anything like that, and it works great, sounds good and all. Really, it isn't in the fender or anything, so it sucks up hot air from the engine. In the wintertime, I can see this really helping.
In the summer time however, I would think that the cooler temps of having this shielded off would actually HELP pull the 5260 lbs of truck around town.

My usual trip is NO LESS than 15 minutes, as I live kinda away from everything I ever would need. I like it that way - I'm near a lake.

My load varies from day to day by what I need for the construction I'm doing (thus the truck).

So, what are you theories?
I plan on building something in the next week, if not today, and testing asap since it's summer time and a shroud would, in theory, help for the longer runs.

Oh, also, planning a grill block as well, so the engine bay would be QUITE warm.

Blu3

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-11-2011, 04:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
DieselMiser

Das Schlepper Frog - '85 Mercedes Benz 300SD
90 day: 23.23 mpg (US)

Gentoo320 - '04 Mercedes C320 4Matic
90 day: 22.44 mpg (US)
If you own a diesel, Cold/Ram air intakes are the only way to go. Diesels make more power and get better mileage with colder and denser air. The more air you cram into the cylinder the better regardless of the amount of fuel you burn.