Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2010, 05:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebb View Post

when you get the insurance money from the crash ...
pocket it
drive the car to the scrap yard and , drain the remaining fuel with a siphon to a fuel tank.
pocket the 2 hundred or so the scrap yard will give you and add that to the insurance funds

buy something else , anything else .
the car of your dreams is junk and your copy of the junk seems to be a very poor specimen ....

a Geo Metro would be a far better choice for ecomodding and
they are inexpensive to buy and easy to work on

The car still has a reasonable life left, the insurance MORE than covered what I paid for the car, and I want to fix it as an out of town vehicle and build a budget metro EV. And I never get upset at people for opinions/points of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weather Spotter View Post
I would also recommend this! That car will not last much past 160K. For what the scrap place will give you ($300-$500) + insurance money you can get a better car.
I'm not sure if you are thinking it won't last long because of damage or the shotty 2.7, but both don't really apply. Yes, the damage looks bad, but it comes down to a radiator(65 at a junkyard) a condenser(i'm removing A/C) a plastic serpentine belt gear(Haven't priced) a fan assembly(not priced, but cheap(Also not belt driven )) Misc tubing(not priced). We are fairly certain it will be under $200. And until the incident the engine hasn't made a worrisome peep. The 2.7 engine isn't related, its on the 2nd generation as Frank Lee mentioned, and the 3.2 and 3.5 2nd generations have a solid quality, not civic level, but still good.

Frank lee, you were asking how easy it is to mod, not at ALL. It sacrifices trunk and engine space for cabin, but mostly engine space. It is TIGHT, and without heavy modding you can't drop any non intrepid(or concorde) engines in. And it has no manual (but an automanual) transmissions. although it gets reasonable milage for its size and comfort, i actually get 23-25(just math, not guages) without any modding. and it has a reasonable CoD. Besides the 2.7 engine there are no problems I know of, its been a beautiful car and saved me multiple times.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread