Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Making Ecomods a G thing

Angie - '08 Infiniti G35 X
90 day: 22.03 mpg (US)
It's been a while

Okay, after my 1 Month and 1 Week hiatus I have returned. I completed my 2 week road trip without incident (5500+ Miles and only got 2 CEL's, both regarding O2 sensors, 1 for a rich mixture on 1 bank, the other for a low voltage on the corresponding O2 sensor. Both only happened at higher altitudes, weird) Changed the oil right before I left and right after I got back, sending out the samples to Blackstone Labs tomorrow, should have the results back within a week. I haven't had a chance to update my fuel logs (17 receipts total, I think). Saw many sites across many states (Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada, and California. Then Colorado on the return trip) And I must say, no offense to those that live in Nebraska, but that was the most boring state to drive through along I-80. Flat, straight roads, for extended periods gets old quite fast. All in all, a good trip, lots of good pictures, and good times with old friends. Hopefully tomorrow I can get my fuel log up to date, they should be pretty good. I stopped in Wyoming at the highest point on I-80 and at that rest stop I was showing 25.3 MPG average (going uphill). I removed the rear seat from the Jeep and built a "kennel" for my dog behind the drivers seat, and loaded everything around that, I estimate that total cargo weight excluding passengers was around 500 pounds (made up of our food, and camping supplies, as well as all of our clothes). I was quite happy with the mileage I got for the trip, even if the numbers don't end up seeming impressive. Either way, I'll hopefully have all the fuel logs updated to show how well she did on the trip.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread