Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

J-Pīs Volvo V70 D5 STW - Mods and mileages

Thought to share some experience and mods for this car.

I like extra performance but I also want a good mileage in normal driving conditions.

My best highway mileage at the moment is 39.20 MPG 6L/100km. Driving wasnīt very economical, but anyway itīs the starting point.

The engine has a custom built turbo GT22/23 hybrid, injectors are from the newer D5 engine, with better spray pattern, the ecu has a custom software and because of boost pressure of 1,7bar (24,65psi) the MAP-sensor has been changed to a better one.

So it has performance and the mileage improvements are coming next. Partly they do go hand in hand though.

I guess the testing and building will take time, but weīll see how much progress I can make.

The next mod is to change the rear muffler and go to a dyno and see what is under the bonnet. And Iīm planning some aeromods too.

Latest mpg 29,04 - city driving with heavy foot.

Last edited by jp_olli; 09-14-2012 at 01:25 AM.. Reason: Wrong info in mpg
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The car was at dyno couple of weeks ago and the result is 225hp and 545Nm (402lb-ft).

Exhaust is still stock, so it doesnīt restrict that much. Lets see what gains we get with a bigger and bettrer flowing exhaust system.

Latest MPG 36.35

Reply  Post New Thread