Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Just missed an Electravan for $1300

Bah, one of the auctions I watch online had a 1980 Subaru van listed. But when it drove across the auction block they stated that it was in fact a Jet Electravan! Running, driving, body in good shape! I bid as high as my Visa would allow, and almost had it for $950, but then two floor bidders jumped in and ran it up to $1300. For me, by the time I would have paid fees, shipping, taxes, inspections etc it would have put it at well over $2k, which while still a deal would have been too much for me to spend. Someone out there got a good score! I'm going to go cry in a corner with visions of cruising in my Electravan that will never be...

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by War_Wagon; 05-10-2011 at 03:30 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-10-2011, 03:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

That is cool, they sell similar Japanese vans/trucks here for off road use only.

I could see crash standards being a problem, but would like to have one
Old 05-11-2011, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Well I didn't know much about them, but they were in fact built in the USA by Jet, using a Subaru Glider body. They had a General Electric 20 HP electric motor, and used the 4 speed gearbox from the Glider (I think, it was a 4 speed whatever it was). 17 6 volt batteries powered it, and you plugged it into a wall socket to charge. It was legal to drive on the highway as in theory it could go 50 mph. This one evidently worked as they drove it across the auction block, I wish I had had more time to get funds/do research about them, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. This picture of the interior should have given it away with the voltmeter gauges hanging down but I didn't clue in.

Old 05-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for sharing the pics.

The van I saw was a Mitsubishi 4wd , first one I saw.
I checked my files for the pics, but it got erased
Here's a similar one :
The short of it was they had it for $4000 with alot of other little Japanese trucks, I think it was a 2 cylinder and even had cold air conditioning. The engine was under the seat.
I was ready to buy it as I could use it on my route, but found out it was not street legal
Sucks, it would be awesome to have for these damn fuel prices !

Reply  Post New Thread