Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Kaneka GSA-60 37.7x39 how to mount on roofrack of my Miles ZX40 Mini Van?

I finally got a NON-broken GSA-60 48v 1 amp solar panel to run the desulphator on my minivan, now the tough part, how to mount?

It appears to be a pretty flimsy apparatus, I plan on using some high density like foam I have around and place 2 thick strips along the entire length glued to the back of the panel, not sure if kosher (will support weight to the roof), then drill a pair of holes in the metal to mount to my roofrack which has no xmbrs currently, it appears to take a 18mm large head bolt to mount into it.

Any recommendations? Looking at the panel it appears to be much weaker than I had hoped so reinforcement will be a must and dampening so it doesn't crack.

I almost am tempted to remove the cheasy aluminum channel stuff they have on the panel.

Then another concern, how do I get the power plugs for the kaneka without blowing my wallet? I figure I don't want to cut the plugs and plan on routing the power to the distribution in the rear battery box so I will need about 15' of wire, I plan on 12 guage so the drop is minimized (and I have some anyway)

Any ideas are appreciated.

Cheers
Ryan

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread