EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   The Lounge (https://ecomodder.com/forum/lounge.html)
-   -   The King of Random is going to Court (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/king-random-going-court-36074.html)

Xist 01-22-2018 05:46 PM

The King of Random is going to Court

I do not know how many of you follow Grant Thompson, but he is one Crazy Canadian! He recently fired his gun repeatedly inside his own home, once lit gasoline on fire in his work room, and he makes and sets off all kinds of explosives, etc. In one video, he poured acid from a car battery while wearing flip-flops and boiled the acid without doing more about the fumes than going outside. Often his only safety equipment is gloves and eye protection while he makes things burn, explode, and emit noxious fumes. He has gone to the desert for a number of videos, but often we comment in the video "How often do his neighbors call the police?" According to https://gizmodo.com/prominent-youtub...los-1822192991, police were called out twice, and not for the most dangerous things he has done on video, and he is facing felony charges.

I am surprised his neighbors did not call the police more and they have not brought up more charges, but I imagine the prosecutor will enjoy his or her research. Grant has uploaded hours of evidence that has been fairly entertaining at times.

Projects he has made that I want to try:
A kiln like his metal foundry (to fire clay in a barbecue)
Make clay from dirt. Hopefully this is at the bottom of my list because it sounds horribly boring, yet compelling.
Styroslicer (foam cutter)
Sugar rockets
Dry ice cream (once bought the ingredients, but was not able to impress my nephews)
Spot welder

He vacuum forms, sand casts, and has probably done other projects that I found interesting and potentially useful.

oil pan 4 01-22-2018 06:01 PM

He should just move out to new Mexico.
No one cares what you do.

redpoint5 01-22-2018 06:14 PM

Sounds like what I imagine the typical Russian to be.

I can't condone activities that unduly pose a threat to others, but do what you will to your own property and at your own risk. Then again, socialized medicine shouldn't have to pick up the bill for his antics. Perhaps it was socialized medicine that gave him the confidence to act crazy!

DSMHondaGuy 01-22-2018 06:22 PM

I like him, but he ought to have known better than to try to act like an American! (I'm just kidding)

Seriously though there has been a few people that screwed themselves, such as this guy
https://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia

He was actually in the county jail a couple months back, they got him on some bull **** honestly but got him non-the less. Using explosives for commercial purposes without a license, or some such bull ****. (It was tannerite mostly, **** anyone in the state can buy up to 50lb of and go play with. But he did it on camera and uploaded it to youtube. I feel so much safer now.:rolleyes:

Xist 01-22-2018 06:49 PM

Yes, that does seem tenuous. I would be happy if the judge told him:
1. Get licenses for what you are doing.
2. Use proper safety equipment and precautions
3. No explosions within city limits and
4. If any kids get hurt trying to copy you you are finished.

redpoint5 01-22-2018 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xist (Post 559407)
I would be happy if the judge told him:

I'm generally against all but #3.

The government should require licenses for as few things as possible. The beautician license quickly comes to mind as an absurd thing for the government to regulate with regards to the lady that had a hair braiding business. How are you going to screw up hair braiding, and how is government bureaucracy going to prevent the harm?

In the same vein, the government should have as little personal safety regulation as possible. There's no way I'm allowing the government to tell me to wear safety glasses while mowing the lawn, for instance. It's none of their dang business!

I get the "monkey see, monkey do" argument, but there are plenty of irresponsible behaviors that kids are inclined to imitate. Among the most harmful to kids these days is single parenting (not that there aren't excellent single parents, or extenuating circumstances). The government can't regulate away single parenting, and it cannot regulate away unhealthy behaviors that children are susceptible to mimic.

Xist 01-22-2018 09:11 PM

Are there even laws about proper safety procedures and equipment? I do not know how a judge would enforce that, either. I just want it officially stated he needs to do things more safely.

jcp123 01-22-2018 10:49 PM

I have never heard of this guy but I already like him. Endangering others is basically my only no-no, along with asking his fellow taxpayers to foot the bill for any injuries. I kind of agree he'd be at home in the desert...which is also maybe why I've also always been called to it.

DSMHondaGuy 01-23-2018 06:46 AM

Quote:

Actually that guy had manufacturing licenses and several others. All the more reason the bs charge is bull ****

DSMHondaGuy 01-23-2018 06:48 AM

Quote:

Actually that guy had manufacturing licenses and several others. All the more reason the bs charge is bull ****
GL to the Canadian.