Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Tetanus - '95 Geo Tracker 4WD Base
90 day: 29.43 mpg (US)

300 - '82 Suzuki GS300 L
Last 3: 60.78 mpg (US)

Jeep - '98 Jeep XJ Cherokee Limited
90 day: 12.82 mpg (US)
it wasn't meant as an insult... I meant buying a lifted 4X4 is typically meant more for fun. Daily driving a lifted truck with off road tires and suspension isn't for everyone. It's like a giant RC car, it looks awesome. That diesel engine would provide torque the stock 8 valve engine could only dream of.

Good luck with the sale

Project Avalon: E bike build
The Following User Says Thank You to razor02097 For This Useful Post:
karmaxul (03-13-2013)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 03-13-2013, 02:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks I did not take it as an insult. It is very fun to drive.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #13 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I heard a rumor that there are kits for these where you have double tires where each tire is and with them you can drive on water. I tried typing it into google though could not find anything. Has anyone ever heard of these kits or know how they work?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmaxul View Post
I heard a rumor that there are kits for these where you have double tires where each tire is and with them you can drive on water. I tried typing it into google though could not find anything. Has anyone ever heard of these kits or know how they work?
its just in the tires, the more air thats there the easier it is to float.

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Its listed as a jeep, but it looks like a geo tracker. I can see that being one issue with selling it. Then you check the vehicle report is says the odo is rolle back and as in an accident. Then you got the fact its advertised with 30 mpg, but yet it has a diesel engine.

Nust have an automatic and is stuck in 4wd. I have the 5 door one with 235/75r15 with spacers a drop and lift and still hitting 32 mpg myself. Id hope a diesel would make it go up, now down.
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Do you think I could fill the tires with helium to further help floating or this would be a waste of time? I would imagine that if two tires filled with air for each wheel can float, helium which is twice as light as air may do the same thing or even give the truck better fuel economy.

Cobb,
I understand that there is some animosity about using the original definition of jeep. Many words have multiple definitions. This is what you will see if you type jeep in on google as define: jeep...

jeep
/jēp/
Noun
A small, sturdy motor vehicle with four-wheel drive, esp. one used by the military.

I really do not want to argue about how the word could be used though I understand you concern and appreciate the advice. Most people looking for an off road vehicle do not type in geo tracker on ebay search as they do not have great ground clearance when compared to other jeeps (not Jeeps). Some people may refer to the word "jeep" as I do and for those people I have it listed as jeep. Also for the people who may want some thing small with ground clearance and four wheel drive who may not know there are other options out there other then Jeep wranglers who would love to own some thing like this that will go any where a Jeep will, have good torque and good fuel economy.

Regarding the mileage it has a different engine in it now. The build is new as is the rebuilt engine that is in it. It has less then 20,000 on the rebuild. The truck could have been in an accident. The frame is solid. The body has a small dent in a rear fender the pictures show and it has 15000 in parts that where not on the truck when it was a standard geo tracker that some one put in an insurance claim on and never fixed the small dent that was a result as you can not even really see it.

Regarding the fuel economy I drive 75 to 80 on the highway as this is the average speed of cars where I drive it. I do go through the gears at a decent rate of speed traffic lights and such as I have a lot to do despite the fact I wish I had more time to have a leisurely drive and take in the beautiful New England scenery. I get 30mpg so that is what I wrote. I do inform bidders that it can get 45mpg under different driving conditions and again appreciate the advice.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am having a bit of anxiety that the auction ends in the next 12 hours. In a way I hope my reserve is not meet so that I have some more time with my baby.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I can understand that feeling, I'd love to have a jeep/vd/tracker like that. I could beat my colbalt commuting and do everything hunting/trapping and even some light pushing of snow I'd ask of it.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

It should give you the option to cancel the listing on the selling page. Click the right end of the listing in question, select more actions and end now.

Some people use a sniping program so they can get their bid in at the last second so they arent bidded up throughout the week while the item is listed or some sellers using a second account to drive up the price, then canceling their last bid.

Reply  Post New Thread