Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2022, 01:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,816 Times in 7,273 Posts
Well.... if 'sporty' includes four-passenger vehicles, then the Dasher Diesel qualifiies.

Cruise at 85MPH on 48HP. The wheels and oak slat roof rack made it sporty. It had an actual clock right in the dahboard.

If you can find one, the NADA book values are:
MSRP -- $7,228
Low -- $702
Mid -- $1,063
High -- $1,530

I got $1200 when I sold mine.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-17-2022, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

The silver bullet - '01 Saturn S Sohc 5 speed
90 day: 40.84 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
Well.... if 'sporty' includes four-passenger vehicles, then the Dasher Diesel qualifiies.

Cruise at 85MPH on 48HP. The wheels and oak slat roof rack made it sporty. It had an actual clock right in the dahboard.

If you can find one, the NADA book values are:
MSRP -- $7,228
Low -- $702
Mid -- $1,063
High -- $1,530

I got $1200 when I sold mine.
I hope you sold it years ago because that's a $7000 car to the vw community now

Early diesel vw's that check the right boxes are worth more than the less desirable air cooled cars now (late bugs)

Again guys even the year 2000 was nearly a quarter century ago now. Those 80s and 90s econoboxes turned into hipster classic car dreams along the way and thanks to social media EVERYONE knows what the market value is. Even a decent ish geo metro is a $3000 car nowadays, I know because I've been hunting one

I'm nearly 45 and at times I struggle with this concept of cars that used to be everywhere are now collectables. You guys seem to have a much more advanced state than me

Last edited by R.W.Dale; 07-17-2022 at 01:59 PM..
Old 07-17-2022, 02:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,816 Times in 7,273 Posts
Quote:
I hope you sold it years ago because that's a $7000 car to the vw community now

Early diesel vw's that check the right boxes are worth more than the less desirable air cooled cars now (late bugs)

Again guys even the year 2000 was nearly a quarter century ago now. Those 80s and 90s econoboxes turned into hipster classic car dreams along the way and thanks to social media EVERYONE knows what the market value is. Even a decent ish geo metro is a $3000 car nowadays,
I live in a different reality tunnel.

The Dasher was priced based on the NADA book values, which deprecate the diesel option -15%. It was a forced sale because the new slumlord only allows two vehicles, so the Dasher and the 1958 Baja Bug are gone.

Previously, an earlier slumlord owner made me get right of the Clark Cortez Motorhome.

It cost me money to get rid of this. See how my life goes?

I didn't mind because at the time, under that circumstance, I was [temoprarily] crippled so I couldn't stand without a cane, and the whole transaction went down in the front yard.

I paid $350 for the Baja and sold it for $500. The inflation calculator says I should have asked $671, but that one sold while I was standing in the yard (again). And their first offer was my asking price so no complaint there.

OTOH the [mechanic's loaner] Metro XFi was $1000 (ten monthly payments) a year ago.

I hadn't used the Inflation Calculator before, to break even on the Superbeetle I'd have to ask $7,541.76. If I could get $3K for the Metro I wouldn't have to sell the Superbeetle to get an Arcimoto FUV

Reply  Post New Thread