Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Instrumentation
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Looking to connect MPGuino to Civic VX wiring harness.

I have a MPGuino and 5 different Civic VX's that I want to be able to use it in, so I want a way to plug it in to the ECU without cutting the wires.

Does anyone have an old wiring harness that they would be willing to sell me cheap or any other ideas on how to connect and move it from car to car?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Jelly Bean - '92 Honda Civic VX
90 day: 50.4 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I have a MPGuino and 5 different Civic VX's that I want to be able to use it in, so I want a way to plug it in to the ECU without cutting the wires.

Does anyone have an old wiring harness that they would be willing to sell me cheap or any other ideas on how to connect and move it from car to car?
Do like i did. Sorry for the lack of pictures. I used landline phone wiring and plugs. I hard wired a phone wire (4 wires per line) to power, ground, VSS and injector signal at the ECU location and ran the wire through my dash out to the instrument cluster and put a female end phone line connector onto it. I then made a short pig tail with a male end phone connector on it and wire that to the MPGuino. I then plugged the two connectors together and tucked them under the gauge surround so you cant see them. This allows me to unplug the MPguino whenever I want to like when I put it in winter storage and I dont want my battery to go dead.

Reply  Post New Thread