Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bicycle Junky

Putsaround - '96 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)

The Commuter - '07 Trek 1000SL
90 day: 617.28 mpg (US)

Zippy - '91 Honda Civic DX
90 day: 33.29 mpg (US)
Making more efficient induction motors

I'm not sure what to make of this article I found today. A man claims that he may have unlocked the key to "free energy" or at least making induction motors more efficient.

If you want the details, read the story in the link below. But basically it says that he took his induction motor and put a very strong permanent magnet near it. The resulting magnetic field somehow caused the electric motor to start accelerating. He has demonstrated this many times to many different University physics professors and no one seems to have an answer yet as to why this happens. His most recent visit was to MIT where he is currently trying to work with some of their physics professors in solving this mystery.

http://www.thestar.com/sciencetech/article/300042#t

So what do you guys make of all this? I know I'm excited, even if all it does is improve induction motor efficiency, it's still a step in the right direction for people.

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
MechE

The Miata - '01 Mazda MX-5 Miata
Quote:
It's now Jan. 28 – D Day. Heins has modified his test so the effects observed are difficult to deny. He holds a permanent magnet a few centimetres away from the driveshaft of an electric motor, and the magnetic field it creates causes the motor to accelerate. It went well.
Poorly wound motor? Putting a magnet there causing a better distribution of the field?

To be clear... He has never claimed to find free energy or perpetual motion.... They just don't understand why it's happening, yet. Free energy is claimed by the ignorant not willing to learn
Old 02-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Bicycle Junky

Yea, that's why I was wondering what everyone took from the article. I personally don't think it's going to lead to "free energy" myself, but I am interested to find out why exactly it's doing what he says it is.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Speed is only one point on the map, did they test how much power the motor was drawing? did they mesure how much of a change happened while the motor was under load?
I'm just wondering.
I read the artical, but it seemed vauge as to what was being done, but I supose if he is getting any press, someone is going to deside to write a collage paper or something about it, and hopefully put an amp meter on the motor, and maybe a load.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Bicycle Junky

yea, I am waiting for further results myself. I found the article very vague, I'm wondering myself if anyone has anymore information on this.