Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Turtle Making stromberg carbs and piston type carbs more efficient

Dear hypermilers
During my research into stromberg carbs found on v8s and the piston carb found on older toyotas I discovered that trying to adjust the needle setting or changing spring pressure or trying other conventional ways did not help really.
So what I did instead is I decided to leave the needle piston assembly intact and rather messed around with the fuel intake line at the bottom,I got this idea from motorbike carbs which are kind of like a stromberg carb but use a cable to pull piston and needle up for acceleration but the major difference is that motorbike carbs are very fuel efficient,the reason is that there is a very small opening for the fuel inlet to the needle whereas the car carbs have a huge f****** hole for fuel inlet,so what I did is fit a small blind rivet with the pin removed and a little glue. as a fuel controller and well the results have been impressive.
jarre
ps. if you are confused just look at a carb of preferrably single piston off road motorbike,especially the bottom where the fuel floater shut off valve is found you will find the intake line to the needle.
closing unneccary vacuum lines like the big ones from engine breather to carb will help if you go ahead with mod.

Last edited by jarre; 11-02-2009 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: additional point
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
carburetor, fuel efficient carb, stromberg carb mod