EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   EcoModding Central (https://ecomodder.com/forum/ecomodding-central.html)
-   -   The man with the Mustang (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/man-mustang-9096.html)

PA32R 07-03-2009 10:53 PM

The man with the Mustang
 
Our old friend Doug Pelmear of the 110 MPGe Mustang is all set in his factory, with orders for 312,000 engines in his first month, thereby putting him into year four of his business plan in his first year!

Of course, the need for such quick expansion will obviously require outside investors to finance. Any takers? :p

See Hp2g.com for the press releases.

Frank Lee 07-04-2009 12:27 AM

That pissed me off so much I emailed the reporter and chewed her a new one. :mad:

What I said:

Quote:

Hi Laura-

You really need to have a technical advisor to check with before airing crap like this.

It's a total scam, the numbers are whacked, everyone that believes in this thing is being had.

Put a gallon of fuel- E85, regular, it makes little difference- in Doug's car and it will go little more than 20 miles- just like a stock Mustang.

Since he plays so loose and free with numbers, there is no reason to believe that quantity of orders and that amount of potential jobs either.

Did you know he was booted out of the "X-Prize" competition? Yeah, way to feature it on that clip...

You really ought to do a follow-up story that broadcasts the TRUTH... if you and your team have any integrity.

PA32R 07-04-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 113705)
That pissed me off so much I emailed the reporter and chewed her a new one. :mad:

What I said:

If she replies, I hope you post it. I'm not holding my breath though.

Christ 07-04-2009 01:29 AM

People still pay attention to NBC? I thought that was kinda like Fox... the National Enquirer... etc.. You just watched it for a laugh now and again.

Frank Lee 07-04-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PA32R (Post 113710)
If she replies, I hope you post it. I'm not holding my breath though.

She promptly did!!! :eek:

"We’ve done several stories on the HP2g engine, including at least one in which we talked about the engine not being accepted into the X prize competition. In our very first feature on the engine, our investigative reporter asked the developer some pretty tough questions.

We will continue to follow this story as it is newsworthy. And you can bet that we will report on any development that might reveal it is a “scam.”

Thanks for your comments and for watching,

Laura Rice"

Yeah... I responded.

PA32R 07-04-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Lee (Post 113784)
She promptly did!!! :eek:

"We’ve done several stories on the HP2g engine, including at least one in which we talked about the engine not being accepted into the X prize competition. In our very first feature on the engine, our investigative reporter asked the developer some pretty tough questions.

We will continue to follow this story as it is newsworthy. And you can bet that we will report on any development that might reveal it is a “scam.”

Thanks for your comments and for watching,

Laura Rice"

Yeah... I responded.

I'm really pretty surprised that she responded, though it's a non-response of sorts. Journalism has gone away, the slightest effort at understanding whether his claims are plausible would have resulted in dumping the story. It's newsworthy in the same way as discovering a vast new supply of unobtainium.

SVOboy 07-04-2009 10:31 PM

I wonder what four companies would be stupid enough to order so many engines when they still run on secret technologies...

Unless it is just all made up. What kind of company orders 100,000 mustang engines with no vehicles, anyway? :p

PA32R 07-04-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 113822)
I wonder what four companies would be stupid enough to order so many engines when they still run on secret technologies...

Unless it is just all made up. What kind of company orders 100,000 mustang engines with no vehicles, anyway? :p

Yeah.

HP2g: "Just drop these engines in whatever car you're manufacturing and poof, they'll get over 100 m.p.g."

Acme Car Co.: "So, how does it work?"

HP2g: "Just trust me. I almost entered the X-Prize contest."

Acme Car Co.: " Sweet, I'll take 100,000."

:p

SVOboy 07-04-2009 10:58 PM

"HP2G: One Engine Fits All"

If I keep going they will probably sue me. :p

PA32R 07-04-2009 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVOboy (Post 113827)
"HP2G: One Engine Fits All"

If I keep going they will probably sue me. :p

Doubtful. I can't see any of them wanting to be deposed by defendant's counsel. Imagine what your counsel would ask and how they'd have to answer. The crux of your defense would be the truth of their claims.

They might make threats and even file but they won't go to discovery.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com