Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2020, 01:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Mark Rober, former NASA engineer, is holding an engineering class

He lures us in with an ice cream safe. He says that he has terrible impulse control, and so does his family, so he wanted to create a safe to keep his pint of Ben and Jerry's safe.

Yeah. A month or two ago I bought a half gallon of Häagen-Dazs and it lasted 24 hours.

He made a cover where the top is aluminum and the bottom is steel. Once it gets cold the two parts contract differently and they can't be separated without warming up. His family, unless they watch a video, know someone who does, or happen to be around when he uses it, wouldn't know how to get it open.

His video has almost 7 million views in 6 days and I am confident that anyone that knows a member of the family would mention this to them.

However, most of the video is about the last 4 words (somewhere in the "..."):
Quote:
Enroll at https://Monthly.com/MarkRober and I'll see you in class!

So stoked to finally announce my creative engineering class has just launched today! Enrollment is now open until Dec 27 at Monthly.com/MarkRober (link also in bio).

This class is a hands-on, 30-day learning experience that will teach you how to use engineering and science to bring your creative ideas to life.

During this class, I'm going to share with you my entire creative engineering process from start to finish. You're going to follow along with me as I fully design and engineer 3 brand new builds from scratch... from how I come up the idea, all the way through bringing the final builds to life.

The best part is, over the month, you'll follow along with me and my process, side by side, and you will leave the class with 3 original, creative builds of your own.

This is the class I wish I had when I was starting out. It's designed to take your skills to make cool stuff to the next level, whether you're a beginner or a more experienced maker/engineer.

The class officially starts on January 4, 2021, and it will only run a few times per year, so claim your spot if you're interested!
Someone commented that it is $250.

Ah. The deadline for the SLP program that I want is January 15th. I always feel like I need to finish different projects before I apply and wonder how I will manage graduate school when I already feel that I don't have enough time to get everything done (and my family doesn't leave me alone when I need to do paperwork).

So, this will give me new crazy ideas [and help me execute them]? Hopefully that would help me get through my various projects, but I don't need new ones!

How many crazy ideas would I need to support myself independently?

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-15-2020, 10:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
Somewhat crazed

Thanked 1,112 Times in 981 Posts
That ice cream safe is not 8# sledgehammer proof.
Old 12-15-2020, 11:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
What would that do the ice cream?

A week ago I saw pumpkin pie ice cream for $2 at Safeway, so I bought it and shared it with my family. A few days ago I bought two more.

We finished the first one and apparently my brother finished the second one all by himself--with his questionably-clean fingers.

When I bought the chest freezer I bought straps and a lock to secure it. Unfortunately, Mom lost those immediately.

I am sure they would have paid for themselves in ice cream already.