Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now
 

Reply  Post New Thread
 
Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2020, 02:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
JulianEdgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,717
Thanks: 95
Thanked 1,382 Times in 967 Posts
Measuring aerodynamic pressures real time, on real roads

Measuring aerodynamic pressures real time, on real roads. All for a kit costing under US$100 - and it will last you for the rest of your life. No more guesswork, rules of thumb, templates or anything else - measure what is really happening.

A longer video than I usually do, but I wanted to explain the complete development and background to the techniques.


  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-29-2020)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

   
Old 11-29-2020, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
freebeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: northwest of normal
Posts: 18,775
Thanks: 5,218
Thanked 6,191 Times in 4,960 Posts
I'm sure it's jurisdiction specific, but I know you can overhang the rear of a vehicle with a 'load' up to 18" before a red flag is required [hereabouts]. Perhaps a pole projecting forward could be shorter than one behind the stagnation point.

Aren't you buying multiple pucks because they are inexpensive. There must be some inexpensive multi-position air valve.

Any value to a pitot tube at the stagnation point to control ride height or active aero? Does the electronic manometer have any output beyond the screen?
__________________
.

Face the danger and row away from it.
David B. Frohnmayer
_________________
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2020, 03:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder
 
JulianEdgar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,717
Thanks: 95
Thanked 1,382 Times in 967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
I'm sure it's jurisdiction specific, but I know you can overhang the rear of a vehicle with a 'load' up to 18" before a red flag is required [hereabouts]. Perhaps a pole projecting forward could be shorter than one behind the stagnation point.
Maybe, but where I live at least, there are plenty of CB antennas like my pitot tube. No likelihood of being pulled over by police.

Quote:
Aren't you buying multiple pucks because they are inexpensive. There must be some inexpensive multi-position air valve.
No there isn't. And you'd still need the pucks.

Quote:
Any value to a pitot tube at the stagnation point to control ride height or active aero?
Maybe. But road speed is is easier and doesn't get blocked by insects.

Quote:
Does the electronic manometer have any output beyond the screen?
No, but obviously you can get such sensors.

  Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JulianEdgar For This Useful Post:
freebeard (11-29-2020)
Reply  Post New Thread


Thread Tools




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com