Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Exclamation Members from EU

I m come from EU(Slovenia) and I curious have many members are from EU?
A specially because EU regulations are generally a big problem to do any aero mods.
I started with the winter grille cover for the front bumper for my car. As I was unaible to finde one already fabricated.

Best regards.

Borut

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-29-2010, 01:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Welcome to ecomodder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
I m come from EU(Slovenia) and I curious have many members are from EU?
There are quite a few, and the list is growing

Quote:
A specially because EU regulations are generally a big problem to do any aero mods.
Make the mods stealthy.

If you want to go all the way and add a boat-tail, look into the regulation regarding external bike or luggage carriers.
If Slovenia is anything like Belgium, the regulations say nothing about the looks of these things

Quote:
I started with the winter grille cover for the front bumper for my car. As I was unaible to finde one already fabricated.
It's usually rather easy to make one yourself.
If you install it from the inside, it doesn't have to be as nice.

What car do you have ?

Old 11-29-2010, 05:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Hello Borut, welcome to EM

Quote:
I recently had a problem with my Kammback at registration inspection. I intend to find out exactly how much paperwork and bureaucracy I would have to go through to legalize aeromods, and I plan to share my experience with fellow ecomodders. Hopefully, we could get a wiki going with laws from different European countries, something like the Side and Rear View Mirror Laws by State (U.S.) wiki. Getting homologation for a mod in one member-state makes it legal in the whole EU, and hopefully future directives will make the laws more uniform.

For now, pump up your tires, block your grille, and check out the driving tips.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
Old 12-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for post.
A really need to read about side mirrors, because this device is very strange to have it on today’s cars. As we all now, they are aerodynamically very unreflective and can be easily replaced with small camera etc.

As pumping tires, I do that for years now, I’ m using a lot of driving tips except one to slow down, because that is not practical.
I did block grille and block the holes in hubcaps with tape.

I think the ultimate goal will be the use of inflatable boat-tail. I'm surprised that those "devices" are not serial made as especially for vehicle with level rear as small vans etc.

I made about 80% of my day trips on highway going at the max speed which is 130km/h and any positive aero mod have some impact on fuel consumption.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:55 AM   #5 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The SCUD - '15 Fiat Scudo L2
Quote:
I made about 80% of my day trips on highway going at the max speed which is 130km/h and any positive aero mod have some impact on fuel consumption.
If you want speed + FE, you must go all the way on aero mods - boattail, wheel fairings, belly pan, recontoured nose, .... the works !

Just try the slowing down method (say to 110) for a tank or 2 even though you think its impractical.
With 80% highway I guess you'll be surprised at the effect.

Reply  Post New Thread