Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Just a Joe

Little Red honda Cub - Volted

A few nights ago I started on my newest eclectic conversion, this time it’s a 1981 Honda Passport “cub”. I found this sweet little scooter on craigslist for $150, not running and missing a some parts to the carb. My initial intentions where to replace the cab and get her running again, But I failed. Turns out I don’t know the first thing about small engine repair, and spent countless hours breaking things more so than fixing them. So I scraped that idea, and stripped her down lastnight. Always fun. Now my plan is add a 36 volt electric motor, which I salvaged from one of those cart pushers you see in the walmart parking lots. My plan is to have it up and running in a week, just in time to bet the folks over at honda working on the real electric cub.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 11-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eco Dreamer

Versa - '08 Nissan Versa SL Hatchback
Cool little project. Keep us posted.
What are the specs on that motor? Those cart pushers are pretty slow, they probably have decent torque though. Might have to play with the gear ratio a bit.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Just a Joe

electric scooter motor

Motor was salvaged from a Quick Kart 2000 (walmart cart pusher) the original motor feed into a beefy transaxel. For whats left of the label on the motor, it looks to have been manufactured in 2004, by statute electric inc. rated at 36VDC. it's 5 inches and weight around 30-35 pounds. Not sure what kind of amperage it can handle but it seems to be a quality built motor. I took it apart for cleaning and to check the brushes, not to much ware. I plan on repainting the casing, but we can cross that bridge when we get there. I removed the electric motor from the transaxel. First isssue to solve is how to get a drive sprocket on it, the output shaft is a 3/4 inch twisted shaft. I don't think there are any standard sprockets that will fit this. Any Ideas?

Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Just a Joe

Motor was salvaged from a Quick Kart 2000 (walmart cart pusher) the original motor feed into a beefy transaxel. For whats left of the label on the motor, it looks to have been manufactured in 2004, by stetute electric inc. rated at 36VDC. 5 inches and weight around 30-35 pounds. Not sure what kind of amperage it can handle but it seems to be a quality built motor. I took it apart for cleaning and to check the brushes, not to much ware. I plan on repainting the casing, but we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
electirc scooter, honda, scooter conversion