Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Classifieds > For Sale
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
5 Gears of Fury

Spunky - '90 Honda Civic CX
90 day: 35.56 mpg (US)
Is my stuff overpriced??

I want to get one of the Insight twins on the road, so I need to sell some of the fleet to do it. But nothing is selling. I don't mean just on the Ecomodder site either, I mean in general. Craigslist, for sale sign in the window, etc. Am I out to lunch on my pricing or something? Last time I checked gas was pretty pricey, so I just don't get it. What do you folks think? You can check my posts for more details and pics on the cars, but here is a summary:

1998 Civic DX hatch, black with grey interior, 5 speed, 226k kms (140k miles), emissions tested, looks decent, clean car for $3000 obo

1990 Chevy Sprint, 198k kms (123k miles), automatic, 3 cyl, kinda beat up but no rust, new tires and emissions tested for $600 (the scrap guy will give me $300 for it - are these things that worthless with an automatic in them?)

1991 Toyota Previa 5 Speed - 266k kms (165k miles). Ok this one is a real weirdo, have you ever seen a 5 speed Previa?? No seats in the back and it's not the prettiest, but for a guy that needs a work van how can you beat a 5 speed Toyota? Emissions tested for $2000 o.b.o.

So am I out of whack on what these cars are worth? Let me know what you think, I really want to get an Insight rolling!

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Formula - '96 Firebird Formula/Trans-Am
90 day: 19.31 mpg (US)
Post pictures of the cars? Or links to your ads?

I'm surprised the Sprint hasn't sold.

The Previa is an odd-ball car, and ugly minivan with a 5 speed is an unattractive buy, especially at 2k, where reasonable Hondas can be found all day.

A '98 Hatch isn't worth that much around here unless it's super clean. But, the south doesn't value rust-free cars like the north does. We're used to it!

Lets see how far it can go

"All I know about music is that not many people ever really hear it. [...] But the man who creates the music is hearing something else, is dealing with the roar rising from the void and imposing order on it as it hits the air. What is evoked in him, then, is of another order, more terrible because it has no words, and triumphant, too, for the same reason. And his triumph, when he triumphs, is ours." -Sonny's Blues
Reply  Post New Thread