Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Off-Topic Tech
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

Need thermovalves and solenoid valves!

I have an 86 crx hf and I'm trying to get all the little idling and efficiency problems fixed on it. I need 3 or 4 solenoid valves and at least 2 thermovalves. Does anyone know of any companies that still make these parts? I understand that there isn't a large market for these things as most people who owned carbed hf's just compensated for the faulty part by adjusting settings on the carb, but I really want to fix the idling and efficiency problems on my car the right way and replace the faulty parts. If not, does anyone know of a reputable CRX parts yard near the Chicago-land area where I could get these? I hate putting used parts on my car but its better then a non-working part. Thanks in advance.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Honda Automotive Parts

It would help a great deal if we knew what parts you were looking for, I have a 1984 Civic DX that might have some parts that swap over, otherwise car-part.com is going to be your best bet for used parts, most junk yards figure out how to ship stuff without it costing a ton so I'd say buy a whole carburetor.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

Hey Ryland, I heard you were the go to guy for honda things, I should have just PMed you haha, but sorry for not being specific. No the parts I'm looking for are not on the carb. The solenoid valves are in the plastic control box on the back of the firewall and the thermovalves are on the back of the intake manifold. I need thermovalves b and c, and the idle boost, anti after burn control, and power valve control solenoids. My hf is a cal emissions model, so the solenoid valves are specific to my car, however I believe the thermovalves were used on all carbed civics. I'll check the website you sent me for the parts. Sadly there was is not a huge demand for these parts I need. Whenever these parts went bad on the crx hf most people didn't have the shop manual to tell them how to check and see if these parts malfunctioned. So most people just have the carb adjusted to run richer/ idle higher/ they just rip out the carb, emissions and fuel economy controls and install a weber. So if you know of a website or a company that specializes in older civic/ crx parts that would be great.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

Gotta post 5 times
Old 09-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

before I can
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

upload an image.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

Alright heres a picture of the thermovalves on the back of the intake manifold, I'm pointing to them.

Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
You might try some of the CRX racing forums, you might luck out and find someone who would be willing to send you the parts you need for the cost of shipping.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
classic honda enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
You might try some of the CRX racing forums, you might luck out and find someone who would be willing to send you the parts you need for the cost of shipping.
Good idea. I'm working on red pepper racing and I've tried crx community. Any other good ones?

Reply  Post New Thread