Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Network for a Modular EV, inspired by WIKISPEED

Hi everybody,

I am starting a network inspired by the WIKISPEED project. WIKISPEED is a network that worked to develop a 100mpg car, built modularly.

My goal is to build a network which creates blueprints, schematics, and possibly even cars or components that will help develop EVs and EV tech. WIKISPEED has accomplished a lot in a short period of time by organizing themselves like software companies instead of like traditional automotive companies.
WIKISPEED - WIKISPEED
http://www.youtube.com/user/WIKISPEED

I want to develop a few different types of things:
1. A few drivetrain systems that can be adapted for different EV conversions
2. A few frames designed specifically for EVs, The frames will be inspired by the Wikispeed chassis, but instead of being designed around a gasoline engine, will be designed around batteries.
3. Specific components that make EVs and EV building simpler or more affordable

If you would like to be a part of this network you are more than welcome. I feel that everybody here at ecomodder has experience and knowledge that is valuable, and I would love their contribution and collaboration.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ons-22365.html

Please read this thread and post/comment about lead acid technology. I want to focus on lead acid batteries, rather than lithium due to cost, as well as availability, recyclability, and calculations that I have done. If you have any questions or input on this I would gladly communicate about it.

As this project is inspired by WIKISPEED, I feel it would be good to contact them and share knowledge. I will make efforts to contact the team, and see what we can do together.

Also, if anybody has suggestions for a name for this network, please tell me.

I look forward to developing something special together.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Watched the video on wikispeed and did indeed find it motivational.
There is some members on this site that with financial compensation ie:
Partnership in Company, Who would have the talents you seek, and understand the math behind it. I have thought before that a good way to start a business is to make the employees part owners.
Network is a interesting description for your proposed service, which brings me to your Company name, my suggestion is EV WORKS or EVWORKS

added: Just my thoughts,I shouldn't speak for other people,especially when i do not know them..
Good luck with the project.

Last edited by ecomodded; 06-23-2012 at 11:31 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for your input ecomodded. I'm not really looking to start a for-profit buisness, company, or corporation, I'm really looking to make a network and maybe a non-profit or something along those lines. My goal isn't to make a profit, it's to develop technology, get some ideas flowing, and hopefully see something physical in the near future.

Btw I love the name ideas!

Reply  Post New Thread