Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Forum News & Feedback
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 07:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Cevic - '09 Honda Civic DX-G, coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 39.79 mpg (US)
New Chart(s), and/or more search option in the Garage page.

Hi,
I've been lurking EM for some time now, updating my Fuel Log every time I fill up, and posting when I felt I could help any body.

For some time now I feel like I can't really do any better MPG-wise, so I power up my computer, log to EM, and head up to the Garage page in order to compare how I was doing with my MK4 1.8T VW Jetta versus other hypermilers.
I found out that it was kind of hard and very time-consuming to try and compare my mpg with other car from the same years, and same engine.
Even the advanced search didn't give good results.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, IMO, it would be great to be able to search by years (ie: From 1999, To 2005) and Engine (ie: is it a 1.8T, 2.0, 2.0T, 1.9TDI ?) (on top of the options already there; transmission, weight, Cd, EPA,...)

While doing this would already be cool, what would be even cooler, would be if the server could create&update charts/graph for those who would like to be able to quickly view how they are doing without having to scroll down a list of number and trying to get what's what. It would be very visual.

I don't know if the server can/could create such graph based only on the search option (ie: it make one graph per search, and once you leave the page, it is discarded, so it could possibly created an infinity of graph depending on search critera; this would be very versatile), or if it would be better to have pre-definited graph, and have those update every X hours like the ''xx% over epa'' already do. (ie: one graph per generation of cars, and including all engine type, using a legend to distinguish the differents engines)

Anyway, I feel I am getting lost there ahah, just trowing the idea around.

Have a good day.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread