Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
MBZ and MOPARS

UltArc, you're somewhat right about the front of the Jeep aerodynamics. The stock Jeep has a Cd of .41, and with the SRT front bumper it lowers it to .39. Not too much difference, but every little bit helps. I also have vortex generators on both vehicles, and I know they work....to what extend is hard to validate effectively. Thanks for the ideas though. I will take a look and see if there are any gaps/panels I can streamline a little. I can think of a couple on each (running light wells), but I'll have to figure out how to cover them.

As far as the tune goes, I can get a custom tune done, and perhaps add a little light throttle timing to it. Right now I don't get any knock retard, so I am sure I can do a little with it. That's about all that can be done though, as the PCM keeps the closed loop fuel mixture at 14.7:1, so that's not changeable. Right now I just don't want to spring for the $200-300 to get it done.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 05-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiX2 View Post
UltArc, you're somewhat right about the front of the Jeep aerodynamics. The stock Jeep has a Cd of .41, and with the SRT front bumper it lowers it to .39. Not too much difference, but every little bit helps. I also have vortex generators on both vehicles, and I know they work....to what extend is hard to validate effectively. Thanks for the ideas though. I will take a look and see if there are any gaps/panels I can streamline a little. I can think of a couple on each (running light wells), but I'll have to figure out how to cover them.

As far as the tune goes, I can get a custom tune done, and perhaps add a little light throttle timing to it. Right now I don't get any knock retard, so I am sure I can do a little with it. That's about all that can be done though, as the PCM keeps the closed loop fuel mixture at 14.7:1, so that's not changeable. Right now I just don't want to spring for the $200-300 to get it done.
Other than the challenger and compass, I have liked the styling of the SRTs. Even the neons and calibres, I must say theres an attraction. I have seen here, a gentleman or lady has filled all of her grill openings with material. And I also saw what you metioned, except it wasn't for drl s, it was for regular headlamps. But the process appeared simple without really looking into it, taking some clear plastic or material, and placing it to be flush with the body.

Reply  Post New Thread