Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2014, 11:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
For your gas question, I use 0% ethanol in my Mustang, and regular gas in my Insight (which I JUST got back last night!).

It does make a difference, but I can't accurately quantify it since the length of my tanks is so long (variables in weather between tanks) and modifications changing (difference in performance) combined with different trips. For example, the Mustang doesn't see much winter use now, but I have two winter highway trips to NC that helped me pull great numbers. So it's not really fair.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
The Following User Says Thank You to UltArc For This Useful Post:
Hockeynut (06-07-2014)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 06-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #22 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

I am not a fan of ethanol also UltArc...There is a few gas stations in the area that offer gasoline with no ethanol..1 is actually not out of the way and I may try that..Thank you for the reminder and I hope those pumps do not vanish.

2017 Chevy Spark
Old 06-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
I hope so, too. The only one remotely near me is charging $4.499 a gallon. Thank goodness for good mpg keeping $/mile at .1.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.
The Following User Says Thank You to UltArc For This Useful Post:
Hockeynut (06-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Curious...What is the point this guy is trying to make about the different length of the oil filters?
I'm not to sure what his point is but most factory turbo cars have a oil cooler on the oil filter housing. So they run a shorter filter then a N/A engine? He was for some reason trying to compare his Mirage to his Nissan turbo car????

The Following User Says Thank You to pgfpro For This Useful Post:
Hockeynut (06-07-2014)
Old 06-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

To Be Determined (Too-be) - '15 Chevrolet Malibu LS Eco
90 day: 35.41 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut View Post
I was not sure where to post this so I keep it right here in the same thread.

Gas....I have noticed in previous vehicles I have owned it makes a big difference what brand of gas I use when it comes to the best mileage..the gas from these stations that sell these burgers and subs and no name gas really suck it up and throw it out the exhaust pipe!...Now name brand gas wether it be Exxon,BP,Texaco would always last longer in the tank..

What are you hardcore mileage guys finding to be the best gas?..Does med or high test really justify the cost?

Thanks in advance for any input...btw I was averaging 55.2 mpg this morning on my way to work with the Mirage.
Not sure how 'hardcore' I qualify as, but on both the Scanguage and my tank to tank calculations I've noticed jack squat as far as a difference between regular and mid-grade (even if the mid-grade was ethanol-free). I haven't noticed much of a difference between stations either, to be honest.

Frankly, I don't think this old Ford pushrod 3 liter really gives a darn about any of it. Your mileage, of course, may vary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut View Post
I went with the 5 speed MetroMPG...Wanted to get the most out of the car mileage wise.

Mitsubishi recommends an oil change every 7,500 miles and I guess there engineers have all this figured out but I did not want to wait til the car has 7,500 miles on it before the first oil change...Currently have a little over 1,000 miles on it and decided to change the oil..Bought a Mobil 1 oil filter and 3 quarts of Mobil 1 0w 20.

First thing I noticed after I removed the original oil filter is the length of it was about an inch shorter than the Mobil 1 oil filter..I poked around and found this video here.

Curious...What is the point this guy is trying to make about the different length of the oil filters?

Thanks in advance for any comments on this.
Have a good day.
Interesting. I'd expect the opposite, as iirc manufacturers usually have a pretty beefy oil filter on brand new cars to catch anything leftover from the manufacturing process.

Congrats on the new car, and welcome to the forum!

The Following User Says Thank You to The Other Andy For This Useful Post:
Hockeynut (06-07-2014)
Reply  Post New Thread