Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2016, 12:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

IGL - '04 Saturn Ion
Team Saturn
90 day: 56.19 mpg (US)
New member from central WV

So, I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, and decided that it would be beneficial to join and participate in the discussions instead of just reading...

I have two cars, one of which isn't designed for economical driving and one that also isn't but was intended to be the more economical model...

First car, my baby, is a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline... Lots of power increasing mods and meant for speed, plain and simple... When it was running(engine is damaged right now), I averaged 20-22mpg...

Second car, my daily driver, is a 2007 Chevy Malibu LS 2.2... I was initially trying to drive it like my Saturn, and realized that I was just wasting fuel and making noise, and still slow... I decided that instead of driving like a moron and getting 20-22mpg, I would drive with more sense and try and get more...

The Malibu isn't my dream daily, so I could eventually trade it on something else I like better... I'm a Saturn guy at heart, so another Ion(not another redline), or maybe something else with a manual trans could replace it and give me even better mileage, or I could get another four cyl Ford Ranger, like my first vehicle was... I hear the 02-up models get great mileage for being a truck...

So far, I'm using an UltraGauge for instrumentation(adjusting the nut behind the wheel) and have done a couple of nearly invisible aero mods for miniscule gains...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread