Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Frugal Ecomodder

Focus - '02 Ford Focus ZTS
Team Ford
90 day: 30.63 mpg (US)
New Member From Florida, US

I drive a 2002 Ford Focus ZTS, and I consistently get 28-29 MPG on fillups. I have been tracking my fuel mileage via a smartphone app for over two years, but I didn't come across this website until September of last year, upon which I changed my driving habits immediately (gained ~3MPG on each tank).

Everything on my car is stock, except for a high-flow air filter. I drive as efficiently as possible without being an annoyance to other drivers (coast as much as possible, plan more right turns, etc). I've avidly read the hypermiling mods and tips on this website, and I'm wondering: what is the most efficient mod I should pursue next? I've already modified the nut behind the wheel, and I already use the Scanguage II. I'm considering installing a cold air intake, since I've heard some positive feedback from others who have installed them. Is this the most efficient, simple mod I can install? By efficient, I mean the greatest amount of return with minimal labor/cost.

I have also heard that I should cover up the grille with pieces of cardboard to decrease drag and airflow into the radiator, but I am hesitant because I live in a warm climate most of the year and I don't want to risk overheating the engine. Thoughts?

Thanks for your feedback!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread

Tags
efficiency, focus, mods