Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
True performance

The Lude - '92 Honda Prelude Si 4ws
90 day: 25.99 mpg (US)

Angel - '92 Chevrolet Camaro RS
90 day: 23.31 mpg (US)

Mia - '96 mazda miata mx-5
90 day: 27.24 mpg (US)
The new "New Guy"

Hello everyone, I've been reading things on this site for quite a while now (probably about 8 months). This site is unlike any other forum I have been on - 99% of the people on here see to give good information and be helpful. Other places people just want to run their mouths - or fingers I guess - and they never have any hard data to back up the junk they are saying. So for that - giving good advice instead of talking crap - I thank you!

I have I 92 Honda Prelude Si 4ws (four wheel steering) - NOT the most economical car in the world despite being a 4 cylinder. It's also not blazing fast even though it's more of a sports car. From the factory it is rated at 27 mpg on the highway and 0-60 in 7.8 seconds. Certainly not BAD but it's also nothing to brag about either. However it does handle VERY well considering it is a fairly heavy front wheel drive car. I have done some weight reduction but nothing major and I plan on doing some other minor things over the summer. I've also added an catback exhaust, short ram intake, and 15" lightweight wheels (12.5 lbs each). I have also lowered it about 1.5" all the way around and stuck on a custom front lip. I am now averaging just over 30 mpg (not just highway driving either). I haven't done a 0-60 time yet but my goal is to cut a second off the stock time and maintain 30+ mpg.

I am glad to be apart of this forum and I look forward to exchanging ideas and thoughts with you guys (and girls). I will also try to do some testing and add my results on here.

You can find my car at cardomain.com if you would like to follow it's progress. Just type in lowery33 in the search bar and it will bring up my cars.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread