Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > EcoModding Central
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Apprentice

Tahoe - '95 Chevrolet Tahoe LT
90 day: 13.22 mpg (US)

SRX - '04 Cadillac SRX AWD

XL - '05 Harley Davidson Sportster XL
90 day: 49.97 mpg (US)

Alero - '02 Oldsmobile Alero GLS

Corvette - '75 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray
New old ride

Well after some nagging my wife has talked me into doing the once over on her old car. When I say old it is really not she bought new, its a 2002 Oldsmobile Alero GLS loaded with almost every option. I sidelined the car over 3 years ago and bought her a Cadillac SRX when we were expecting our 1st child. The Alero has a low roof line for the back door making it tough to get a baby in and out of a car seat without some work.

The car has the 3.4L 6cyl sport suspension a set of 18" rims I added when the stock tires were worn out and low mileage for its age around 60,000. I have a few things to fix she smacked a curb cracking the rim on the inside lip that I temp fixed to keep it from leaking air also she ran over a ground hog crossing the highway at 50mph breaking the very low air dam. the car is fun to drive handles incredible and gets descent MPG for what it is. If memory serves me correctly she used to get around 24mpg.

I hope to get that average near 30mpg and limit my truck use to only towing or snow. After a few minutes on a charger it started up and I will be headed to the parts store for fresh oil and fuel filter. After a good once over it will be ready for the highway just need to get the fix a flat cleaned out that she put in the wheel after the curb incident ugh... Will add a new tab to the sig when i start driving it.

Anyone have a Alero/Grand Am that they have been working on?

1975 Corvette Stingray *active*
1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible 149k *Sold 2013*
1998 Blazer ZR2 189k *Sold 2012*
1995 Tahoe LT 250k *Sold 2011*

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread