Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
shakilmalik

new thread

Hello, been lurking for a few weeks. I just purchased a 91 CRX HF (unmolested) and from California for the first 17 years of its life. I have only been through 1 tank of gas so far, got 40.8 mpg BUT! the car does have larger wheels, 195/60/14 and i found out 1 day into my current tank that my right front tire only had 16PSI in it!!! So i am hoping for better results on this tank, i will find out tomorrow. I have also just purchased a federal ECU to put in and i have also purchased 4 used factory wheels, just need to blast and paint them and find some good tires. Every tire store around here only sells the 175/70/13 should i do this, buy the 165/70/13 on the internet, or the 155/80/13. Hoping to get some insight from others on here, if it helps the rims i found were 13x5 not the original 13x4.5 I am hoping also that the federal ECU gives me a slight boost in mpg also. I have been doing alot of engine off coasting and engine on neutral coasting and trying to maintain 55-60mph on the highway. I am typically a 90% hwy driver averaging 65-75 miles a day. I bought the CRX because im sick and tired of my v6 ranger getting 15.5 -18 mpg. The way i see it the CRX will have paid for itself in 10 months. I did have to pay a premium for the car 2,000 mostly because they are extremely rare, and its unmolested, new exhaust freshly rebuilt engine and VERY little rust only in the typically quarters none anywhere else. Well i plan on inputting as much to this forum as i can, enjoying reading everyones stories, and everyones help!!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 04-16-2011, 12:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,950 Times in 1,844 Posts
Welcome to EM!

Check out the record mileage for a CRX HF:

Modified Honda CRX HF Scores 118 MPG in Fuel Economy Run | Hypermiling, Fuel Economy, and EcoModding News - EcoModder.com

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
Reply  Post New Thread