Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2023, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Non-LRR tires for an MK4 Jetta TDI Wagon?

Hi,

Looking for some tires that are not officially LRR for my 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon but are still LRR unofficially if possible. It has the 17 inch Santa Monica rims so it's likely losing about 3 MPG over the standard AVUS 15 inch rims.

At this point, I want to go with the devil I know....non-bent rims as opposed to what I can get stuck with at the wrecker or marketplace etc. and keep the rims. Car gets 48 MPG rural/highway anyways currently so that is enough for me.

The car is equipped with aggressive Continental Sport Contact 2 tires at the moment from before my time but they are worn out now and I need tires.

I was thinking of Yokohama Avid Ascend GT tires because I don't like the idea of Summer Tires when there are 4 seasons here (and I am scarred from a previous experience of being stranded in the snow with dedicated summer tires) but they are just too expensive for me e.g. no longer for sale at Walmart. I have the Yokohama Avid Ascend LX tires on my gen 2 Prius and my 2002 TDI Jetta Sedan and love them. They are supposed to be LRR according to the manufacturer and those vehicles are stock so those tires are perfectly suited to them. This TDI is modified and pretty quick for what it is so I would like an all season tire that is unofficially LRR but handles well and is not a summer tire.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread