Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

Great White - '01 Honda Civic EX
90 day: 36.89 mpg (US)
So yes, the results are inconclusive. There were too many variables to document accurate results. I do have plans on working on this project later to see if it improves the fuel efficiency of my car but the biggest contributions for me right now are a roof rack delete (going to Yakima Landing Pad 7) and a grill delete on my cars bumper with just the one intake port with a pipe leading straight to my intake.

I found a promising instructable though.

http://www.instructables.com/id/HHO-...tion/?ALLSTEPS

so maybe the possibility exists of this working? The research continues before i begin the experiments.

Last edited by Palionu; 12-03-2008 at 12:55 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 12-03-2008, 12:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
If you want a schematic, I can email you one that cost some unfortunate people a large cumulative amount of money...

(that isn't me, cuz I haven't paid for schematics since I got plans to build a potato alarm clock when I was 7)

Garrett Water Carburetor - 01/12/98
Discovery of OxyHyd by William A. Rhodes - KeelyNet 12/17/01
Cottell Ultrasonic Carburetor
New Fuel - Toluene & Water
Hydrogen production at 1.24 volts
Randell Mills Water as Fuel
Water as Fuel Quote from Chain Reaction
Finsrud #1
Fuel from Water - KeelyNet 01/09/02

Those are all offsite... if you want some on-site, use the search function.. and don't be a smartass.
Thanks for the encouraging links and in response to the smart ass comment, we all have our flaws.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
Moderate your Moderation.

Pasta - '96 Volkswagen Passat TDi
90 day: 45.22 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palionu View Post
...we all have our flaws.
It's only a mistake when you do it the first time... after that, it's on purpose.

It's only a flaw if you acknowledge it exists, then refuse to correct it.

Imperfection is not an excuse for ignorance.

Would you like a few more?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

lets hear more idioms.

Aside from the assery, back on topic.

So based on the various 1930-40's patents the results are still inconclusive and vary on too many variables, what i like about the instructable above is that he mentioned driving his car as hard as he could under all conditions and still saw a 4x% improvement with a grape juice bottle as the reservoir.

A very promising design can be seen here
Old 12-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
...vary on too many variables...
Reminds me of:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.W.Bush
The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.
As far as proving/disproving anything in any of those articles, you'll have to test it yourself. Regardless of whether it works to help or not, the second one person says it does, 10 people will jump on him to convince you that it's garbage and perpetual motion, etc.

If you want the truth, seek it. You can build the kit for under $50.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #16 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

I will, thank you.

I'm noticing some serious flaws in the scientific process of the projects I've seen.

Thomas Edison had a switchboard of 2,000 lightbulbs with 2,000 different filaments to see what was best, I might have to take the same approach.

His result was a carbonized cotton filament.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #17 (permalink)

keep us updated... and start a project thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:07 AM   #18 (permalink)
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
Palionu -

Quote:

So based on the various 1930-40's patents the results are still inconclusive and vary on too many variables, what i like about the instructable above is that he mentioned driving his car as hard as he could under all conditions and still saw a 4x% improvement with a grape juice bottle as the reservoir.

A very promising design can be seen here
This is consistent with the argument that hydrogen works best on a vehicle that is doing *work*, aka a trucker hauling goods or a stationary engine on a contruction site. I consider the following dude to be an "honest broker" on the subject :

Diesel Dynamometer Testing Analysis
Hydrogen-Boost
Quote:
In the charts below the light blue shaded area represents the possible savings with Hydrogen Boost. The yellow shaded areas represent the possible NEGATIVE savings with Hydrogen Boost. Notice that at idle there is always a negative savings and at low cruise the savings may be negative or slightly positive. As stated in recent newsletter and documents the Hydrogen Boost benefits are especially prevalent when high power and torque are being produced (when lots of fuel is being combusted). This really shows that Hydrogen Boost can be most valuable with vehicles that are heavily loaded or underpowered.

The conditions where Hydrogen Boost may improve mileage the least is when the driver is already implementing driving tips like slow acceleration and cruising at low speeds and throttle settings. It may be possible that the cost of the hydrogen production could be higher than the benefits of that hydrogen to the miniscule amounts of fuel that are being combusted while using these efficient driving techniques. This is exaggerated when the operator sets his hydrogen production too high for the engine he is operating. ...
This is consistent with the Ronn Motor Company Gizmo being licensed for truck fleets :

RMC Receives $500,000 for Operations and Development of H2GO
Quote:
AUSTIN, TX - December 01, 2008 - Ronn Motor Company, Inc. (PINKSHEETS: RNNM) announced today that RJR Pipkin Company has invested $500,000 over the last three months for the development of the H2GO Real-Time Hydrogen Injection System.

Ronn Maxwell, CEO of Ronn Motor Company, said, "Our relationship with RJR Pipkin Company will bring specific marketing focus to the large trucking industry. We look forward to working with RJR Pipkin to get our product deployed to this important market."

RJR Pipkin Company operates a truck fleet in East Texas and has relationships in the industry to expand sales for the H2GO Real-Time System.
President of RJR Pipkin Company, Randy Pipkin, added, "These large trucks are the backbone of the shipping and commercial industries in the United States and average 6 miles per gallon nationally. Every tenth of a mile increase in their fuel efficiency will increase the truck owner's bottom line."

There are more than 1.9 million tractor trailers operating in the US today and annual sales of new rigs in 2006 were 284,000 units. The US has approximately 360,000 trucking companies and their annual fuel consumption accounts for 12.8% of the total fuel purchased in one year. The rising cost of fuel has been cited as a key contributor to trucking company failures in the United States.
I couldn't find an investor named "RJR Pipkin", but I did find "R. J. PIPKIN COMPANY", which is located in East Texas :

FRAC TANK RENTALS - PERMIAN BASIN - HOME
Quote:
Our main business office is located in Monahans, Tx. We have service yards in Andrews, Monahans, Odessa, and Ozona.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society
Old 12-03-2008, 02:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

What, are you NCIS or something? :P

Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
ADHD Savant

In response to the hydrogen boost guy, i can't trust anyone who has a pay link on the bottom of his page for more info.

Also, did you know that the japanese released a car that runs solely on water? The video was dated 6/13/2008.

Reply  Post New Thread