Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
High MPG Hopeful

Old/New Member Here.. Saying Hello.

Hi, everyone. I've been registered on this site for a few years but never got around to working on my eco-modding projects until now.

I have a '96 Geo Metro 1.0L hatchback which I'll be working on turning into a high-mpg commuting vehicle (daily commute of approx. 75 miles).

I'll be mainly focusing on aerodynamics and weight-reduction.

A '00 Chevy Metro 1.0L hatchback I bought recently will be supplying misc. parts, along with a 1.3L geared transaxle which came with the car.

Also, I have an '82 VW Rabbit Pickup diesel which I haven't decided on what to do with. I *may* be selling it this Spring.

Anyway.. It's good to be back after a long hiatus!

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 02-12-2012, 08:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Welcome back! It looks like you have chosen some good tools to make great mpg happen.
I've always appreciated the ergonomics of the Geo Metro. Even a very tall person can be in total comfort.

Is your VW mostly rustfree? Salt is not too friendly on VW's.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
High MPG Hopeful

Thanks, Larry.

Yeah, I figure the Metro platform will do well for what I have in-mind. I've got less than $1000 invested in both Metros so far, and parts are reasonably priced and not too hard to find.

My VW Pickup is solid and in decent condition, but not totally rust-free. There's a bit of rust on the underside but nothing affecting the structure. The exterior looks pretty good. I'd keep it indefinitely if I didn't have the Metro project and a pending motorcycle project, in addition to remodeling my house! Too many projects.. Never heard that one before, right?

Reply  Post New Thread