Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Success Stories
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

oldscoob - '87 subaru wagon gl/dr
90 day: 47.06 mpg (US)
one barrel carb and a dream..

no more dream. I searched for vacuum leaks. sure enough, as I had mentioned my fuel mileage has not been good, in the high 20s and touching 30 after it proved itself in the mid 30s to "OMG" on the highway...I knew something was wrong.

my locale hit -28f, an important vacuum line broke all by itself. In fact it is the only very imprtant one left on the old sube. It is very important, as it grabs the double chambered vacuum advance and the progressive two barrel. I had neither for several months..and wasn't quite sure...until finding the broken little hose. It came right back to life, it is actually sporty to drive again.
I thought I would mention this often sneaky task...fixing vacuum leaks. I am back to normal, even the idle is better (of course). I hope to record a full tank to empty, and see how far it goes. I can only guess it is from central maine south to southern new jersey on 15.9 gallons...I have done it once, but no records. I can record 16 hours now...

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Nice, Vacuum leaks are a problem. . .too many hoses lol. Too many little places for it to sneak away on you ^_^ Congrats and good luck!

Reply  Post New Thread