EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Fossil Fuel Free (https://ecomodder.com/forum/fossil-fuel-free.html)
-   -   OT? Help me get my bonehead town to allow electric NEV's (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ot-help-me-get-my-bonehead-town-allow-5489.html)

rmay635703 10-10-2008 08:26 PM

OT? Help me get my bonehead town to allow electric NEV's

My bonehead town does not want to allow NEV's on the roads.

They have put up a web poll to see if there is any interest in allowing the vehicles on the road

Sadly the web poll is biased by asking if people want the speed limit reduced so electrics can drive on roads. Problem is the roads are already 35mph and would not need to be reduced in speed for NEV's. Also in this state all roads under 55mph and many 2 laners that are 55mph are considered uncontrolled and legally have no minimum speed limit meaning you can find mopeds on 45mph streets going 25mph. Why is a NEV any different than a moped?

Please vote yes on the following poll until the yes's outweigh the no's (it isn't binding or even a real vote)

News & Events:Pollcenter

Note that if there is sufficient interest a public hearing on the matter "may" be held to allow NEV's.

DO NOT VOTE IF THERE ARE MORE YES VOTES THAN NO.

I do not want to see 50000 votes yes in a town with 30000 people of which under 100 probably even look.

Thanx
Ryan

trebuchet03 10-10-2008 08:56 PM

Results don't seem to be changing....

Either updates slow or rigged or elsehwhat?

MetroMPG 10-10-2008 10:40 PM

That's a discouraging situation. Reminds me of the provincial situation here - still no allowance for NEV's.

Tango Charlie 10-10-2008 11:24 PM

I voted.

Twice.

:p

Christopher Jordan 10-10-2008 11:38 PM

People are really really strange. Sort of like the HOA here voting my EV to sit and die. A meeting will be held soon, but now is the very worst time to move due to financial turmoil in CA. wrong season for real estate. If they say "no"; I am just plain moving a few blocks to one of the many foreclosures around here. Boneheaded people are sometimes stuck in the past and only think of themselves. Best of luck!

SuperTrooper 10-11-2008 09:55 AM

Are NEVs specifically prohibited locally at this time? I don't know your state laws, but it would seem to me that if the state issued you plates you would be able to drive on any road except limited access highways.

Joe_Bloe 10-11-2008 10:33 AM

voted yes! it's at 28 votes for, 66 votes against at this time.

trikkonceptz 10-11-2008 02:00 PM

I voted Yes, you're up to 31 ...

SuperTrooper 10-11-2008 02:07 PM

I just looked it up and towns have to authorize their use.

The text of Act 329 says that, "the governing body of any city, town or village may by ordinance allow the use of a neighborhood electric vehicle on a roadway that has a speed limit of 35 mph or less and over which the governing body has jurisdiction."

It's time to talk to your state representative.

MetroMPG 10-11-2008 02:19 PM

Of course, if they check their web server logs, they'll find a referring link from this thread to the poll, and you'll be BUSTED! :)

I assume you put the word out on other more EV oriented forums?