Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2010, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eco Amateur

AeroCav - '03 Chevrolet Cavalier
Well my daily in town driving is slightly annoying because there are timered lights, lights that I know for a fact will be red, and sensor lights... all woven in a web of very much stop and go.

I typically when driving in town, only max out at 2.5 rpm even on the steepest hill, and when driving highway for long distances have the cruise take over for long flat roads. Mostly down hill is shifting to nuetral and rolling as far it takes me. My oldest commute that I no longer drive was EOC down a hill in the wood for nearly 1.26 miles ( both ways from the top).

Currently, my trips are mapped out so that I take routes with minimal redlghts. Theres plenty of nuetral hills, and the most i drive some days is 30 miles round trip when I have to visit the next town over, whichs has no red lights in it and very much low speed low rpm driving there due to its size. ( sadly its laid out so that walking is easy, but parking is impossible.)

I'll try to get a average daily drive plotted out, and test the first mods which will be seam sealing and grille blocking.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 01-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dank

Tom - '14 Subaru Forester Touring
90 day: 29.32 mpg (US)
cavalier with black electrical tape

I went the cheap route to see if there were any real gains with grill block. I used 2" black electrical tape on my upper and lower. It has held up to rain, snow, cold, heat. I have not peeled it back yet to see what residue is left from the tape. On my cavalier its not a problem but other nicer cars might not want the residual. I overlapped the tape 50% to make it more rigid as well.

Reply  Post New Thread