EcoModder.com

EcoModder.com (https://ecomodder.com/forum/)
-   Hybrids (https://ecomodder.com/forum/hybrids.html)
-   -   PBS takes the Hummer v Prius bait (https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/pbs-takes-hummer-v-prius-bait-3290.html)

SVOboy 06-23-2008 10:06 PM

PBS takes the Hummer v Prius bait
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGT6alnrg7I

Lazarus 06-23-2008 10:16 PM

Man that was really bad. Do you have a link to that report? Is it the same one were they give the life cycle of the Prius at 100k and the hummer at 300k?

SVOboy 06-23-2008 10:17 PM

it is the same one, I have lost the link, and don't want to find it...

cfg83 06-23-2008 10:21 PM

Lazarus -

And it doesn't account for the latest battery tech price drop for the Prius and Civic hybrids.

CarloSW2

Arminius 06-23-2008 10:59 PM

How come she is only getting 500 miles per tank? :eek:

ttoyoda 06-23-2008 11:13 PM

What made me laugh is how she is having a debate about what is "greener" from the inside of what is probably a 12000 square foot house.:p
How many prius fulls of electricity does it take to air conditon that place again? :rolleyes:
And why are we seeing the other guy on the screen of her laptop?:confused: Just to show how up to date she is?

Arminius 06-23-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttoyoda (Post 37652)
And why are we seeing the other guy on the screen of her laptop?:confused: Just to show how up to date she is?

It gives me the impression that she has a low budget (can't fly the guy) or that she didn't want to spent time doing a quality job. However, in modern times, that (interview over the Web) is acceptable, imho. Besides, it saved fuel.

Looks like she's doing the interview with the lights off in the house. Not your typical American.

Lazarus 06-23-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arminius (Post 37662)
It gives me the impression that she has a low budget (can't fly the guy) or that she didn't want to spent time doing a quality job. However, in modern times, that is acceptable, imho. Besides, it saved fuel.

Yes I think it fit with the green image of the video. No transportation CO2
.

Blue07CivicEX 06-23-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arminius (Post 37639)
How come she is only getting 500 miles per tank? :eek:

Damn!!! I thought the same thing when I watched it, I thought to myself "well if you'd get out of the fast lane you'd get 700!!!"

Lazarus 06-23-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue07CivicEX (Post 37669)
Damn!!! I thought the same thing when I watched it, I thought to myself "well if you'd get out of the fast lane you'd get 700!!!"

It only has a 11.9 gallon tank. May be she is filling up at 1/4 mark:p


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
All content copyright EcoModder.com