Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > General Efficiency Discussion
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Power Consumption Electronically Controlled Transmission (EV range concerns)

So, anybody know about what to expect from an automatic transmission that is electronically controlled in general when it comes to consuming power (when used in an electric vehicle? My main concern would be that having to power it would be just another thing that needs relatively much power and hence affect the range, or isn't it anything to worry all that much about? Especially compared to how well you can so to speak 'tune' it to run more efficiently anyways hence it paying back well enough for the power it is consuming by itself? Thank you guys in advance!

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
Which? (a) CVT as used by Toyota or (b) "tip-tronic" paddle control of shift as used by VW, etc.?
I'm leaning more towards VW transmissions due to their wide availability here and therefore them being rather inexpensive and very easy to get replacement parts for. Unless there are of course better alternatives that aren't much more expensive. My original estimate for a budget lays around 5,000 - 10,000 euro, attempting to prove that electric vehicles don't have to be ridiculously expensive in purchase yet can also be very refined at lower costs; no head-on going 'cheapsy' either so to speak.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

I think the fuse size would give a good hint.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
I think the fuse size would give a good hint.
You're very right, I guess it can be as simple as that to get an indication! Thank you, Cobb!

Last edited by E-Trabant; 08-06-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Reply  Post New Thread