Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 03:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
Power Racing Series

Has anybody heard of this?

I was taking about my tenth break while trying to fix my previous laptop (is just having one functional computer too much to ask?!) and finishing an entire box of Kashi, having eaten dinner (stay fuller longer!), but not wanting to actually waste time, I decided to go to instructibles.com and, after a bunch of stupid stuff, I saw Make a Racing Powerwheels Jeep (and a bunch more stupid stuff). So, the guy takes a used Power Wheels, random scrap from Craigslist, thrift stores, and garage sales, some new EV stuff, and races at the local Maker Fair.

There is a $500 limit, not counting safety equipment, and only half the cost of batteries count. They require three wheels and bumpers, but actually encourage people to break the rules, just to keep things interesting. They make a point of saying they want flagrant violations.

The guy on instructibles says the vehicles go 25-30 MPH. I understand that aero is less important there, but at the same time, it makes a big difference with bicycles, and I do not even think that I can reach those speeds!

I was just thinking that, considering how inaccurate most people's perceptions of aerodynamics are, and that many people probably do not even try to make their cars aerodynamic, we might have an advantage there, and give them something to consider.

Dymaxion Power Wheels Car, anyone?

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread