Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM   #51 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Dave, from your website I notice that thought has been given to using Goldschmied pressure thrust to enhance a tractor propeller airplane, as the aft fuselage is sharply tapered, with annular inlet.

How best to use Goldschmied pressure thrust on a pusher configuration?
I know his pusher was designed to have natural laminar flow over most of the forward body and a split tail not unlike that of the P-38 Lightning, but I'm not sure which details would make the best use for a pusher design. I've heard some chatter suggesting a piston-pusher delta wing design might work well (!?).

As you mentioned, I spend a lot of time thinking of how to put this on a current aircraft like the Cirrus SR22 or Diamond singles, which are pretty good candidates as far as current piston singles go.

-Dave B

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread