Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Aerodynamics
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2020, 12:25 PM   #41 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,326 Times in 4,733 Posts
exasperation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman455 View Post
Forgive my exasperation, but I spent 4 hours, including the trip to the hardware store for materials to mount the pitot tube in freestream air above the car when my first apparatus failed, out of my very busy schedule (full-time job, half-time in school, and teaching part-time at another school) gathering this data only for you to chime in with your opinion that it is worthless, as you have criticized JulianEdgar on this forum before in an attempt to discredit any sort of on-road testing, even stooping to personal attacks as recently as this very afternoon. I don't know what axe you're trying to grind here; I don't think it is worthless, and if adding the spoiler lip has increased pressure under the car--well, I'll be measuring that soon and doing what I can to mitigate it.

Unfortunately, no--I added the LED headlights aftermarket, but not the auto-leveling. The OEM ride height sensor is $200+, a little rich for me, so I'll probably try to fab something up like JulianEdgar has done or use some other sort of (cheaper) distance sensor to measure ride height.
From your own library/ database, you should know that this issue would rear its ugly head.
It's my opinion that there has been no time in the history of the planet when 'getting it right' is more important than right now. This isn't just some academic exercise. The stakes could not be higher.

Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread