Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Introductions
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Old Faithful - '97 Infiniti i30 Touring
90 day: 24.87 mpg (US)
Red face Ready to make changes 97 infiniti

i picked up a gold 97 infiniti i30 (basically a maxima with diff grill and chrome i attached a pic) for 1k last year it was my dads hence the cheapness and it came with 20's
great first car loaded! just barely getting 19mpg recently. found this website and after lurking for a while ive registered, great info. ive got 251,000 on the orig engine/tranny. im looking forward to increase FE goal #1 is to see 25 mpg im happy with that.
ill be buying an ultragauge
Any other members here running the VQ30DE?
Current problems i have now
- car tracks horribly
-shocks are really bad. i know the rears are gone (ordering 4 quickstruts tomorrow)
-and the most frustrating thing is i cant change the front 3 plugs the screws on the coils are old and soft ive stripped a screw and the others felt like they would strip aswell so i put the cover back on. (unsure what to do about this but it really blows that a simple DIY is causing me this headache) im sure those 3 plugs have never been changed.
--Question: im not having tranny probs but whats your guys take on a tranny flush for a tranny that has over 250k on stock fluids (lol)? will it fall apart? maybe sludge is holding it together
thanks yall i will be very active as my job is stale at the moment so i spend most of my shift browsing forums.

-p.s the huge wheels are off right now have OEM on. my driving is about 60% highway/40% city

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13698930441871.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	14851  

Last edited by Sonny Cash; 04-17-2014 at 12:09 AM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Reply  Post New Thread