Go Back   EcoModder Forum > Off-Topic > The Lounge
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 12:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Jeez Fordman !
Your family is sure going through rough times lately.

Hang in there, and wish your wife a speedy recovery.

How's your brother doing btw ?
Yeah, seems like things have been on the downside for our family since 1/2010 when my dad was hospitalized and diagnosed with congestive heart failure and they told us his heart was only functioning at 25%. My dad passed away on 6/13/10 of a heart attack at my home, my brother hit the cow 4/16/11 and spent 2 weeks in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, then 1 week in rehab at Vanderbilt, then just as my brother got home my mom had the shingles, in early May my wife had surgery for endometriosis and was still out of work when our 24 year old son passed away on 5/16/11 of a massive heart attack, then my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer on I think 7/22/11 and just went through her second surgery for this in the past 2 weeks. Things are going to get better now though, the cancer has been removed, one of my other brothers is going to come into KY from VA this weekend and we are giving mom a well deserved surprise 80th birthday party. When they performed the first surgery they tested the tissue they removed and said the entire right breast was full of cancer cells, but said they weren't active and that it was caught early, so they recommended the breast be removed before the cells became active. The surgery today went fine, it lasted about 45 minutes, she spent about an hour in recovery then went to her hospital room and was very alert and seemed to be feeling really good when I left there late this afternoon. Since I have chronic back pain my son said he'd stay with her tonight so I could come home and get some rest. He called about 2 hours ago and said she was doing fine, but her pain had increased since I left. He said the nurses at the hospital where she works told her that the day following the surgery was usually the worst so hopefully after tomorrow she'll start a full recovery.

I hadn't updated my brother's condition lately, but everything is going great for him with the exception of one of his lower eyelids is turned in toward his eyeball and when the eyelashes grow out it irritates his eye and they have to be plucked out, but they are going to do a procedure to correct this on 8/19/11 that they say will take about 45 minutes and will get to come home the same day after recovery. He went back to part time work within a few weeks of getting out of the hospital and has been back full time now for probably about 1 1/2-2 months. He was coming over to the hospital to see my wife this afternoon, but my back was bothering me so bad I left before he got there.

Last edited by Ford Man; 08-10-2011 at 04:32 PM..
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #12 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Best wishes to your wife buddy, hope she recovers soon and gets a clean bill of health. Definitely be sending some prayers from halfway around the world :-)
Old 08-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

My wife came home from the hospital yesterday about 3 PM. She seems to be doing fine with the exception of being pretty sore.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts.

Old 08-12-2011, 09:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

She went back to the surgeon today. He said everything was looking good and said he thought maybe by about Tuesday the drainage tubes and part of the clamps could be removed.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Pishtaco

Mean Green Toaster Machine - '06 Scion xB
Team Toyota
90 day: 48.92 mpg (US)
Ford Man, your wife is in our prayers and thoughts. Let her know we care. Don't forget to take care of yourself while you're caring for your wife.

Boycotting Exxon since 1989, BP since 2010
Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
Mean Green Toaster Machine
49.5 mpg avg over 53,000 miles. 176% of '08 EPA
Best flat drive 94.5 mpg for 10.1 mi
Longest tank 1033 km (642 mi) on 10.56 gal = 60.8 mpg
Reply  Post New Thread