Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Fossil Fuel Free > Open ReVolt: open source DC motor controller
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

EVVette - '71 Chevy Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPaulHolmes View Post
The current was being updated in code at 1kHz I think, and the resolution was 1 tick per amp. It required fairly significant changes so that now it's 64 amps per second minimum. Unfortunately, the code change was done in AVR Studio, so it won't work with the bootloader, as far as I can tell. I did test it on a motor and it worked as expected though. Also, the pinouts were different since it was a different board. haha. But there were only a couple pins different, so it would be an easy fix.

I guess we just need someone to compile it at the command line of linux. I used to have a dual boot with linux and windows, but that computer crashed and took all the code with it. Each time I used Linux, before compiling things in linux, I used to have to type 3 random commands which made no sense to me. I don't remember what they were now, and there were several obscure changes to the default C build environment too. Some changes to "delay.c" that comes with linux, and other weird things. It took Fran all of a saturday to walk me through getting it ready. It's totally not repeatable by me.
I will put together a virtual machine and it will make everybody's life easier. It will take a day or 2 to setup and configure everything. I will include the firmware for the controller ready for anybody who wants to use it.

You can download VM Ware Player free for personal use. This is what I will use. I will use the default configuration so it is the most compatible between different computers.

-Adam

You can download RTD Explorer for the Cougar controllers at www.EVVette.com
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adamj12b For This Useful Post:
evimarn (05-30-2013), mora (05-29-2013), MPaulHolmes (05-29-2013), mrbigh (05-29-2013), SEBART PL (08-03-2013)
Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 08-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj12b View Post
I will put together a virtual machine and it will make everybody's life easier.
-Adam
Could we ask for another parametr for set up maximum working temperature and after rechead this temperature comand automaticly turn off contactor
there is only one or two seconds to safe mosfets after overload, please?

+ degree parametr for cool down let say 15 C degree less to turn on contactor

I do not have AVRstudio and I do not work in C+ so I can't put this in software:

if temp > temp_max
{contactor= 0, cooling=1};
if cooling=1 and temp<temp_normal
{contactor= 1, cooling=0};
'default
temp_max=75
temp_normal=60

I have boiled two sets of IRFs I was and now EV project is like

Last edited by SEBART PL; 08-04-2013 at 05:13 PM.. Reason: more details passed
Reply  Post New Thread